- You know, for some reason, things don’t go the way you think they should. I took off Monday to do a bit of catching up. I took a mental health day. We got a leisurely start; Elliot had a friend stay the night so we dropped him off at home around 9ish after getting chicken minis and then I took the kids on to camp. And wouldn’t you know; 20 minutes after I got home, I found out my oldest son collided with a coach at camp, passed out, and likely had a concussion.
- The camp tends to exaggerate so I wasn’t sure what to expect but when I got there and saw my middle boy who mouth, “mom it’s bad.”, then I knew. Elliot was very shaken; headchey, nauseated, tired. He could remember some things but not all. He was more scared than anything of course. I got him into urgent care pretty quickly and they did a very thorough test. Turned out to be a mild concussion but still, a trauma to his head and brain. I got him home and resting but he was still dizzy and his head hurt. Luckily his stomach got better. It was an exhausting and stressful day!
- Work is nuts because TAs keep finding other employment so then we’re left picking up the pieces of Fall semester. It’s especially annoying since I want to do the best job I can in the time I have left but at the same time, I kind of don’t care. We had interviews for the advisor position my friend vacated a month ago and one guy rocked and the other woman sucked. Watch though: they’ll hire her. It’s just how they operate.
- I’m just so ready to move onto the next phase, knowing it will be so new and a time of adjustment for me. Sure, I have taught online for a long time but these are new places, new platforms. I will need to be more organized too. I just want to DO it.
- I realize my post has been fairly negative/about bad stuff so let me tell you that we did have a nice weekend. We went bowling Friday and got stuff done Saturday. Ash left for a one day trip Sunday but my friends and their kids came over to swim. I made kalua pork in the crockpot and they brought mac and cheese and cole slaw, and we always have chips and fruit. It was an overall nice afternoon.
- We plan to bowl with friends on Friday and I am leaving at noon to eat lunch with Ash and possibly brew. Since we got the deep freezer and had one foray into all-grain brewing, I think we’re a little more motivated to do it again. It’s nice to be able to have two going at once; we’ve had two taps for a while now so why not?
- Next Saturday should be nice too: Dakota has a birthday party for a friend (it is also Koda’s birthday!) and then we are going to the largest brewery we have here with some Girl Scout families. Honestly, I need a day to do nothing so hopefully Sunday can be that day for us. Yesterday, the only thing on my to-do list I got done was cleaning the garage windows and shutters. They were coated – literally – in the dirt of ages.
- I’m done now; I needed to recap all that to process it myself, which is really why I blog. I hope none of the mundane crap in my life bores you but I like to recount, retell, and archive – for me.
2 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – not the day I expected, things slightly falling apart, when is now NOW?”
It never fails to happen that way to me, i have a day planned out with lots to do and something causes it to crash and burn.
Hope your son is feeling better soon.
Not a negative post, just a post about life and at times life is negative