1. Who knew there was a day to celebrate parchment paper?! Do you ever use parchment when you bake or cook?
I have been known to use it. I know Martha Stewart always uses it and I think I got some because of her.
Tell us about your favorite way to use it
I think I used it last time to iron those little bead things the kids make. They say wax paper will melt but parchment won’t.
2. When Terri thinks of parchment paper, she usually thinks about special writing or artist papers. She loves using specialty papers for creating cards or other art projects. Tell us about a creative way you have used parchment paper other than to bake with!
I don’t think I have, but in the past I used to do a lot of creative projects. I had a book once that had special thick watercolor paper and I experimented with splashing on paint, throwing paint, rolling objects in paint them throwing them. It was fun.
3. Terri used to be in the cake business and has piped many borders and roses and leaves and letters, etc., etc. You can make a pastry bag from parchment paper! Have you ever tried decorating a cake with a pastry bag and specialty tips? Do you have a picture to share? Don’t be shy, now!
Ha, no. I am not fancy at cakes.
4. Tell us about something you baked or cooked in the past week or so that turned out great, parchment or no parchment. Will you share the recipe
Honestly, nothing this week was that involved. I have been flying by the seat of my pants for meals for the kids. And I have been semi-doing the beef and butter fast to kickstart my metabolism on this keto diet so honestly, nothing is as un-fancy as ground beef!
5. The last Wednesday in June!! How can that be? Has your June flown by or have you been able to enjoy each day and make it slow down for you?
It seems like the beginning of the month was leisurely but then sometime around halfway it sped up. Honestly, the other day I thought it was still, like, the 15th. Something about having a bunch of stuff planned on your weekends makes it go faster. I wish it would slow down; I need some kind of real break!
6. Tell us something about your week so far, if you will
I saw so many people running this morning when taking the kids to camp and I realized, I would LOVE a job where I worked, like, 9-4. Sadly, I have to make money and that’s not going to happen. But if it did, I could get kids to school and still have time to run. How great would that be?
I spoke the other day about how my boss is on vacation next week! That’s right, she won’t be all up in my business. On top of that, the university is closed on the 4th AND 5th so, yay for me! I mean, I can’t even use regular English words to describe how excited I am, you guys! We have a get-together with the neighbors on the 4th, Ash’s birthday on the 5th, and he’ll take a half day so he and I can do something as, you know, a married couple. We’re probably going out to our friends’ house on the 6th for shooting and fireworks too.
Oh, swallowing update. The doctor was useless as always but the Prilosec seems to be working. It’s funny that reflux doesn’t always manifest as heartburn. Now that some of the mucus has thinned, I can feel this little bubble in my throat. It seems to meet the mucus there and cause me to force swallow. The doctor did say that this all seems normal for reflux and that a month of Prilosec should work. She referred me to the ENT but I probably wont’ go. She also did rule out thyroid.
4 thoughts on “The Medley strikes again – this time about cooking accouterments”
You know, not that long ago I remember Jimmy Fallon talking about this swallowing/mucus problem on his show; he complained about it for weeks, and then one night he was like “Guys, you won’t believe it. They tell me it’s acid reflux.” I had never heard of those symptoms for acid reflux but that’s exactly how it manifested for him too. I just get fire burning up my chest. Total pain in the ass. Ugghhh.
First and foremost what is parchment paper?
Trouble swallowing is something my dad had
Thanks for joining the Medley!! Hope the Prilosec helps your reflux! Do keep us posted!
So happy you will get a little bit of time off for the 4th! That is one of the few days in the year that my hubby gets off. It’s always fun to celebrate together.
Parchment paper .. I just love it. The parchment paper cupcake/muffin tin liners are great also! I buy my parchment paper at the Dollar Tree.