1. National Cheese Day is Tuesday, rather than Wednesday, but I think we should celebrate cheese this week!! Let’s start by sharing your favorite cheese with us. Which one is always in your fridge?
Oh man, cheese is one of my all-time favorites! As a base for sandwiches, we almost always keep Boar’s head white Vermont cheddar. But I am very fond of Havarti, Port Salut, and Monterrey Jack. I can’t pick just one!
2. What is your preference? Mild, Sharp, or Extra Sharp? How do you use cheese most often?
I prefer extra sharp cheeses but I also enjoy a mild flavor like goat cheese with crackers. I probably use it most for sandwiches but I also make a mean mac and cheese.
3. Cheesecake? New York style or what other flavors would you rather have?
New York is good. Ash and I had Oreo last time we went to Cheesecake factory and it was almost TOO rich, to be honest. When we moved into this house, our neighbor, Ray, made a cherry cheesecake that was divine and no one liked it but me! I am certain I put on 10 pounds that week.
4. When you do grilled cheese sandwiches, which cheese do you prefer to use and what condiments do you use, if any?
I usually use cheddar but I’d combine things like Muenster and Colby Jack for added flair. I don’t usually like condiments on it but I have put mayo before. Typically just three dabs of butter on the outside of the bread for grilling!
5. Number 5 on June 5th… Say happy birthday to my sister, Tammy!!
Happy birthday, Tammy! It is also my father-in-law’s birthday.
6. Share something with us about your week. If it includes using cheese in a recipe, please also share that with us too!!
Monday, we tried a super easy crockpot recipe. Here goes: three – four large chicken breasts (ours were frozen), one can of black beans, one frozen bag of corn, one can of Rotel tomatoes, though you could use just diced. You add a packet of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch seasoning to the chicken in the beginning and then a block of cream cheese about 45 mins before it is done. Since the chicken was frozen, it was in the crockpot for about 6 hours on low but feel free to adjust. Everyone loved it, including children.
My week so far has been ok. I’ve been keeping busy with making the Spring 2020 courses and following up on job interviews. I have applied to more in hopes that something will happen soon. I’m tired of the environment here and the drama too; it’s sad that I had gotten comfortable again there for a bit but now I am back on edge because every week or so, the feelings from on high shift and everyone underneath feels it. I know every job has its pros and cons but I can’t stand coming into work and wondering how the boss will feel today. Will it be bitchy and antagonistic or will she be calm and leave me alone? Honestly, I need a job where expectations are clear, people leave me alone to do my work, and where I am respected. This used to be just that; not anymore.