1. On November 28th, 1995, President Bill Clinton ended the 55 MPH nationwide speed limit that began in 1974 as an energy saving measure during the Mid-East oil embargo. If you are old enough to remember this (I sure am) did it make you happy? Do you have a heavy foot when driving or does 55 MPH sound good to you?
When I drive in town in a 45, I go 50. Unless I am on Thomasville road where I go 60. So no, I cannot condone 55. I love to speed. 🙂 The highway suits me very much.
2. You are home alone on a rainy/snowy Sunday afternoon. What Christmas movie will you watch?
Funny, but I just did this. It was a Friday night though and Ash was gone. And it’s not technically a Christmas movie but it is set during that time: The American President. I love that story!
3. What is something you have tried that you will never try again?
I shouldn’t say I won’t ever ski again but that was not something I enjoyed. AT ALL.
4. Today is National French Toast Day!! Will you have some? Do you like French Toast?
I do enjoy it but rarely eat it. I am not a sweets for breakfast type. I want eggs, bread, and bacon to start my day.
5. The Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center will be lighted today, as will the one at the White House in Washington, D.C. Do you have your tree up and is it lighted? Have you ever been in New York City or Washington, D.C. to see the trees all lit up during the holidays?
My tree is up and lit and all good to go. I have not seen those trees at Christmas but man, that’d be something!
6. Tell us something random about this week of yours.
I keep thinking we are like, 3 weeks into December but we are totally not! It’s a weird sort of mindspace because I almost want it to be closer to Christmas but I have also reached a point in my life where I no longer wish to speed up time. I would like to savor every moment if possible so I try to live in the now.
It got cold here again and we have a freeze warning. It’s awfully early in the season for that so maybe it’s going to be a very cold winter for us North Floridians. I really hate being cold so that sucks.
5 thoughts on “Wednesday Medley – Speeding, Xmas, and weird time confusion”
Christmas is just around the bend as in 3 weeks & 6 days, it feels close but then it is still November
I wonder if it is the cold weather making you think it is mid December. I am more in the spirit when it is cold. I have gone years when it is warmer and Christmas comes and goes and it doesn’t feel right. I keep waiting for Christmas that already passed. I am glad it is cold this year. Loved your answers! Enjoy the rest of the week.
Well, I will never go skiing again! That was my answer to #3! LOL Thanks so much for joining the Medley today!! I enjoyed your asnwers!!
Thanks for keeping the Wednesday tradition alive. I know it’s a lot of work to run one of these link-ups.
Well, thankfully it is not mid Dec. Time is going fast enough as it is. Thanks for stopping by and I enjoyed your answers.