1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?
Step on the gas. I don’t know why that just came to me but I feel like my life right now is go go go all the time and sometimes like a car out of control but you know? It ain’t always bad.
2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what’s the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?
I guess we heat up canned veggies and things like leftovers, frozen breakfast sandwiches, and my heating pad. 🙂 And I don’t think we could be ok without; last time ours broke, I really realized how often we use it. It’s so convenient!
3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?
OK so I have talked about the traditional version of “Here we come a-caroling” before; I love the idea of the Christmas wassail.
So that’s definitely the one I would pick: go door to door, spreading cheer, sharing a drink, and maybe forgetting how awful people can be day to day.
4. Describe the most beautiful drive you’ve ever taken.
Though it was a long time ago, I’m going with the mountains of Virginia. I couldn’t tell you where exactly, I was very young. Well, maybe 10. We drove up through the eastern states to get to NY and we always hit this mountain road where there were beautiful trees and cobblestone type walls amid horse pastures.
5. What’s something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)
Honestly? One of the only things I truly want – literally – is a Roomba. In the more existential sense, I want my kids to get along.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m in a foul foul mood today; everything is stupid in this world. I’m trying to turn it around; not entirely sure how!
Maybe if you can tell me something good or kind that happened, my faith in humanity might be restored.
One thought on “Wednesday Hodgepodge – Christmasy but still in a funk”
I may not use my microwave very often but wouldn’t be without it.
I have no idea what I want for Christmas