- Well, it’s one of my least fave holidays today. Call me cynical but I don’t care for Hallmark holidays and I think we all need to be aware that showing someone you care should be an all the time thing, not just one day. SO dumb. And don’t get me started on the rules for kids. Oy.
- However, the kids got all their valentines filled out and I know they’ll enjoy it. Meanwhile, Ash and I will celebrate on Thursday at a steak restaurant. Hell yes.
- Hopefully I will feel better by then because I have been battling a sinus infection, which is awful. The pain in my face is really the kicker. I just want to faceplant into my desk all day long.
- Also, it is unseasonably warm. I’m talking 80 degrees. not right NOW – right now it’s about 50 – but by afternoon, I’ll be wishing I was wearing a tank and shorts and sitting on a chaise lounge with a drink in my hand.
- We had Isaac’s end of season soccer party last night and they went all out. His coach had raffle prizes, one of the moms made up goodie bags, there was the trophy presentation, and then cupcakes. I am amazed at how many of these people get a ton of stuff done! I am also kind of jealous. 🙂
LOVE. What, or Who are you lovin’ lately?
These days, it IS hard to actually decide what I love. I’m usually so busy with my day to day life that I don’t think about my own feelings, let alone the frivolities of it. So, I’m going to stream of consciousness this thing.
I love essential oils. Sure, I have been using them for a while now but I keep finding uses for them and that actual work!
I love that my kids are being pretty good lately. Still some fighting, as always, but they’ve been pretty, dare I say, enjoyable.
And of course, I’m still loving wrestling. I am 100% in it for the dram/hot dudes. Not gonna lie. No shame in my game. I mean, just look:
6 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – Sickness, V-Day, end of seasons”
Today’s one of the hubby’s least favorite days, too – the romantic in me happens to like it, though, so this year he’s humoring me. 😉
Your kids are so ADORABLE!! Love that picture of them!! 🙂
Oh, and hope you feel better soon! Sinus infections suck!!!!
Tim doesn’t see the point in Valentine’s Day and as such does nothing for it, until a few years back I agreed with him but the older I get the more sentimental I get
Oh, those kids are cuties. Feel better! The worst “bugs” have been going around this year! mine is in my lungs. *bleh*
oh my word… the arms on that guy on the right!!! I may have to start watching wrestling! I have a weakness for strong arms. I have a lavender essential oil that I use for nights I have trouble sleeping. It really does work.
Hubby and I normally don’t do the whole VDay card thing either.. and then this year he got me one and I didn’t have one for him and I just said honey this is how divorce happens stick with the program!! LOL But really it was just the case of he truly did find the funniest and most perfect card for us.
You poor dear, I hope you feel better soon. I’ve battled with an inner infection since December but only sought treatment within the last 2-weeks. Yeah, I’m slow like that! lol In the beginning of our relationship, Valentine’s Day didn’t seem all that important to us. We exchanged cards maybe got chocolates but no big deal. Then after the kids came along we incorporated the whole family – making handmade Valentine’s Day cards, inexpensive chocolates, Sweethearts candies, and DH always got each of us girls a rose. I agree you don’t need one day to celebrate and to honor the love of your life. That should be an on-going thing, small expressions of your love 24/7 outweighs everything else but still, it’s terribly sweet to have DH’s extra attention on this day. Here’s to you feeling better soon!