- I’m having a hard time getting started today. They gave me meds for this sinus crap and it had cleared up but today, my face just hurts. Like it’s trying to mount one last fight here and I am not happy. The pain!
- I sent my mom an email, by the way, and explained everything that bothered me. Seems like we have come to an understanding. At least, I hope so.
- It was 40 this morning so it feels like the right season. Someone from up north told me that Christmas with palm trees just doesn’t feel right but having grown up in South Florida, Christmas without a palm tree would seem weird. I love a palm with lights!
- I’ve been watching this 11 part series on VH1 Classic called Metal Evolution. I have seen some of the episodes but only recently discovered that it’s on their site in full. I got through the first three yesterday and I love it. It’s a documentary about one of my favorite kinds of music; an excellent way to spend my down time! Because it’s finals week, no one is really around.
- I’m about to take inventory of what I have purchased for everyone. Then I can have a real life view of how much I still have to get. I think I might be almost done!
OK, Tuesday Chat time!
“Random Act of Kindness. We are doing them again this year! What ways do you spread Christmas cheer during the holidays?“
Hmm, well, I don’t necessarily think actively about this but I do think it comes up more often this time of year. One of the big ones is the pay-it-forward in the Starbucks drive-thru. A friend and I were talking the other day about how long it goes on until one greedy person takes the money and runs. My friend who was a barista said it went 18 people once. The other day, it happened for me so I paid for the person behind me. I like being able to do that!
Another thing I do is if I’m standing at my friend’s lemonade stand and someone is short on money, I’ll just have her add it to my tab. I did it just this morning for our work study girl.
Usually though I just try to be nice to folks. I’ll be extra polite at the store and in traffic.
I will grab one of the food donation tickets in the store and add it on. I hope the organization who does that really does provide food for people in need.
Well, that’s all I can think of. Happy Tuesday everyone!