1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
The last time we moved was in-town. I have moved five times in this city: from the dorm to an apartment, to another apartment, to a rental house, to a townhouse, to the house we have now. I believe the last time, Ash and I rented a fairly large U-Haul and had friends help us unpack. I kind of hate moving but I do like setting up all my stuff and realizing what can be thrown out or given away. The worst part is just how overwhelming it can be to have to assess all your belongings. It can be ridiculous.
2. When were you last ‘moved to tears’? Explain.
Ha! To be honest, it was watching Full House last night, believe it or not. It was an episode I had never seen and Stephanie asked a boy to the dance and he stood her up. Unbeknownst to her, Danny talked to the kid and then she stood up the kid on a subsequent date. It all worked out and as she was leaving to actually go on a date with the kid, she ran back into the house and hugged her dad, thanking him for being involved in her life. I just had a little moment.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car…any forbidden foods? What’s the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
In my car, I’m not too picky because I have an Element and most surfaces just wipe down. My husband’s Pilot is a no-eating zone unless we’re on a longer trip and they can then have cracker type foods only. Our go-to snack is indeed Goldfish. Oh, and all waters even must have lids. the last thing I ate in the car was probably a Zebra Cake and I had no business eating that whatsoever!
5. What’s your most frequently visited drive-thru…Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
For sure, Starbucks. Though lately, my car’s been having idling issues so I avoid it. I will say, if I promise the kids Chik-fil-a, I refuse to sit inside so we pick up. And I have been trying to use CVS’s drive-thru a lot more often.
6. “He who hesitates is lost”…would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the ‘lost’ category?
What if your hesitation is really just being cautious and evaluating the situation? Then in that case, it’s the smarter choice. I tend to wait an appropriate amount of time but have been known to jump on a decision and have it end poorly.
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
Hmm, that typically does not happen to me. I have a really good sense of direction. I honestly cannot think of one!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The bulk of my summer work is done now, yay! I have some other things on my plate but they aren’t difficult or time-sensitive, really. I’m going to rearrange the grad lounge mailboxes today and I have to place an order for a keg. The day began rainy but it seems to be lightening up now. I didn’t have *quite* enough coffee and I am feeling at a loss right now. Guess I’ll finish up this entry and then get started. Sometimes by forcing myself to do work, I feel motivated to do more.