- I keep having images of summer flash through my brain: backyard grilling, summer light shining on the kids’ swings, the fireflies that start popping up – here, there, between those branches – as the sun is setting, though it is nearing nine o’clock. I love summer even as I hate feeling hot sometimes. For the most part, even though summer brings many annoying things, I love it so.
- It also makes me feel less inclined to work. I sit here and try to keep up my normal multitasking fervor. I usually write, blog, work, and read all day every day. but I steal a glance out my window and see the bright sun and really, all I want is my lawn chair, bathing suit, and beer. Or to hit the beach again but we’ve got too many busy weekends coming up.
- But Elliot is here today so he’s sitting across from me watching a movie. So I have a limited amount of time to get stuff done before he needs to be directed again. And I can’t seem to log him into his account for this one game. I’m waiting on my husband to tell me the security answer. Sometimes the internet is annoying.
- If you’re a Game of Thrones fan, holy crap! They wasted the first three episodes of this season but it’s been awesome since then and Sunday’s episodes was crazy. I cannot wait to see how this wraps up.
- Can you believe it is June? I say it every month, I guess, that I can’t believe another has passed. Funny how time moves.
- Time to move onto the Tuesday Chat prompt!
Do you DIY??
Uh… some? We have done some projects around the house since we moved in but nothing huge. First, we installed a fence in our yard.
It used to be a lot easier to do projects before we had kids. You know, they didn’t get in the way.
But aside from some minor sanding and painting of small furniture, we’re not huge DIYers like you see on TV who tackles big projects. We knocked down our deck but haven’t built a new one. We’ve replaced faucets and fixtures and Ash has built things (arcade control panels) but we just leave our house as is. I think mostly because with kids, it’s best not to make anything too nice, lest they mess it up!