- I took a minute this morning, as I was walking into work, to notice the sounds around me: tweeting birds, the Westcott fountain, a mourning dove, cars in the distance. Sometimes I have to remind myself to slow down and be mindful. I left a little early yesterday because I have been feeling on the verge of illness for a few days. My intention was to sleep but I couldn’t. I just could not nap. Then I realized that the chicken I bought on my way home never made it home; I didn’t remember putting it away. Checking my receipt, I realized the cashier didn’t even ring it up! So I had to go back to the store and get it but I also stopped into Panera for an iced latte. That little treat for myself really pulled me out of my funk.
- Though I am strictly a Japanese car person, I have decided that some day I will own a Jeep Rubicon. It’s so big and beasty; I think it would make me feel strong.
- Since it is my half-day Friday, I feel all motivated. I think it is because I know I only have a few hours in which to finish up work that I put off all week. I’d work so well in a goal-oriented job instead of one that requires I be here 40 hours a week.
- We started over on Game of Thrones and it’s fun to see stuff that happened a long time ago in that fictional chronology and fill in the gaps with what I know now. I also want to mention that everyone up in arms about all the rape needs to calm the eff down. It’s fiction, everyone. People like to watch crazy movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre too but you don’t see anyone protesting skinning someone. Stop with the hypocrisy.
- I finished Sherlock two nights ago and now I am empty. If you’ve seen it, you know how I feel. I’m starting to believe TJLC – The Johnlock Conspiracy – the idea that them being together was the endgame all along. Is it so unbelievable to think that they wouldn’t do that? I mean, there’s plenty of British shows with that theme; I think people could buy it. And shippers totally would. But ugh; have to wait until year’s end for season 4. I haz the sadz.
What should have happened on the tarmac
The funniest part is the caption on this in various places around the net: “The sea pancake demands sacrifice.” LOL.
Would love to spend my weekend wherever this is possible
Last Monday we got drinks from Sonic and walked at Lake Ella.