This just might be the first day this week that I actually work all day. Here’s a recap of our week so far.
- I got “the call” from daycare Monday and Isaac had a 101 fever. I took him home and he immediately fell asleep. But he woke an hour later just screaming in pain. His right side hurt and he flipped when I touched it. Now, Isaac is my tough kid. He’s the one who gets relatively injured outside and keeps moving on. So when he walked to the bathroom and literally fell over from pain in his arms and legs, I made a decision. Ok, well, Ash made it. I was hesitating to take him to the doc but if it had been his appendix (right side pain!) they would have sent me to the ER anyway. So away we went, to the less crowded ER. After we got all checked in, he already seemed better. I had never seen him so sick or in so much pain. BUT, it’s just a virus. The doc said all his symptoms hit at once and that’s why it seemed so severe. It was crazy, people.
- It’s a good thing I didn’t go to the main hospital because one of the people who dealt with at the other told me that there had been a gun shot victim brought in and the entire ER was on lockdown. I’m assuming because the shooter wasn’t finished with that guy yet so there was still a threat.
- I tell ya; I am ready for the universe to give us a break. It’s been one thing after another for the past few weeks. It is becoming quite tiresome!
- On Tuesday, I split with Ash so I went to work, taught my class, met with students, then went home. Isaac and I ran errands and did yard work together, which was great but also, very bad for my allergies.
- On Wednesday, I came into work but my allergies were so bad, I couldn’t focus. Hell, I could barely see. I went out on my lunch break to get meds but I didn’t take them right away. By 2 pm, I was DONE. I ended up going home, taking meds, and getting into bed. The night before, Elliot kept waking up and consequently, I got awful sleep. I really needed that nap. When I woke up, I felt like me again. Things started to look up.
- On another happy note: I got the annual invite for the beach. Five families that I know all get together at St. George. I am really looking forward to getting away from it all. I just hope by then, our lives have evened out just a wee bit!
- Caught up for the most part; I teach this morning and then have a bunch to do. A friend of ours is in town so we’ll see him tonight. Then my brother-in-law gets in tomorrow and will be here through the weekend. We have baseball and Monster Jam and running and well, it’s gonna be busy!