1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?
As a kid, Easter was a semi-big deal: we went to church and dyed eggs and of course, had Easter baskets. Now that I have kids, we dye eggs if they show interest, have Easter baskets, and I have taken them to a local egg hunt. We went to church last year but we’ll see hwo it goes. LOL. Sometimes the kids are just NOT in the mood and I admit to being a little lazy.
I think my favorite thing was finding the baskets the next morning and I always wanted to hunt for eggs but we just never did.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, “Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.” Agree or disagree? Share you own thoughts on the word hope.
I do agree. It’s so easy to get down and just give up but I keep hope alive, I really do. I honestly used to be such a pessimist but since I had children, I have to keep my chin up for them… so I do.
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. Peeps? Jellybeans? Cadbury Creme Eggs, Solid milk chocolate bunny? Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
4. When did you last feel like ‘a kid in a candy store‘?
Hmm, I guess when I went to the used kids’ clothing store to load up for Dakota. I found some super cute outfits and a shirt for Isaac and it was SO cheap. It was great!
5. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
I cannot think of anything specifically but there are house things and parenting techniques I employ that bother my mom. And not because they are “wrong” but because she believes differently. But since it is MY life and MY house and MY kids, she really has no say. She tries, oh how she tries, but I brush it off.
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State…of the three spots mentioned, which one would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
I guess I shall say Palm Beach because my grandparents lived in North P.B. then moved to P.D. Gardens and so we spent a good deal of time down there.
If I could do this, I would want to somehow stick an extra hour in the morning. I work best in the morning but sometime between 12 and three I get a little stuck. If I could get one more hour between nine and 10 to e productive without running into the slump time, that’d be excellent.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My life is usually busy. This week, it seems particularly so. We have upcoming races and a party for my b-day and baseball games start Monday. I have grading to slog through and work to do and, well, I wish I could say there will be some kind of break but you know, there never is. Next break? June. LOL. And somehow, it’ll be here before I know it!