- The Master by Kresley Cole is out today and, having read the first seven chapters that she spoiled earlier, I cannot stop reading now.
- But I have student conferences from nine to ten and about sixty papers to grade, as well as two letters of recommendation to get through. Ugh! Why can’t I just read all day? It’s dark and rainy and the perfect condition for couch lounging, blankets, tea, and this here book.
- Since this is RANDOM Tuesday, I want to hearken back to Friday, where the younger kids had their V-Day parties. Isaac’s valentines never made it home. He said he ‘”lost them” but I’m guessing he ate all the candy and threw the paper away. Meanwhile, the majority of kids in Dakota’s class are only children so their gifts were straight off Pinterest: printed little tags with pun-ny statements. I taped rubber bracelets to hologram pet valentines that Isaac picked out. Welcome to three kids everyone!
- A bunch of people I know and one of my good friends all went and saw stupid Fifty Shades on Sunday. I saw it on Facebook. I am not mad I didn’t get an invite; I have probably been so vocal over my hatred of it they figured I wasn’t going. But what it reminded me is how repressed some of them are. They’ll giggle and chatter on about BDSM and what little they know of it and probably wish their husbands paid them that much attention. Ok, that was mean. But still… UGH.
- I bit my lip the other day at lunch and now it is all irritated. I used to get mouth sores from stress all the time but the multivitamin has quelled that. But if I bite the inside of my mouth, I will get some kind of sore. It’s super irritating!
- There’s this cool thing our local “museum” (i.e. natural preserve type zoo) does where you register to go at night and see the animals then. It sounds awesome but it’s this Saturday and the menfolk will be camping. Since I will be alone (save Baby, asleep) I’d like to do something for me. Like, something selfish and guilt-pleasure-ish. Secretly hoping Magic Mike is on TV and I can watch it on mute. LOL. I don’t care if it’s bad; they’re so pretty.
- Well, let’s move onto the Tuesday Chat prompt
Dance like no one is watching. Who are you when no one is watching?
Funny that this should be the prompt, as I kind of already mentioned. I’m a geek when I’m alone. I want to watch something on TV that I love, like Batman or Bones or Hobbit and nerd out over it. I’m a bookworm and a romantic and a cup of hot coffee under the blankets type. But I’m also the crank up Luke Bryan and get my house clean type. I’m introspective; I’ll write in my journal and try to analyze what is going on in my life and how I feel about it. When I find myself alone, I like to stop and really think about my life. With three kids and a very busy schedule, it’s really nice sometimes to slow down and be quiet… and think.