1. American Idol is back for it’s 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
I haven’t watched it in quite some time but I did for a while. It was only entertaining to me once they’d narrowed it down to the final, what, 14? Most people like to watch all the incredibly bad auditions but not me.
If I were going to sing, I think I would probably pick something country, but I don’t know what. I’m not very good at singing. LOL.
2. Mark Twain is quoted as saying, “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.”
So when did you last have to ‘eat a frog?‘ Or two? How’d that work out?
Personally, I enjoy eating my frogs first thing in the morning anyway; that’s how I run my life. Can’t remember the last time I had to eat the bigger of the two; every day is a balance of things I have to do and I tend to put off the larger tasks, so I guess that is where I stray from dear Twain’s advice.
3. If you were going on safari, what’s the number one animal you’d want to see?
4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let’s exhaust this topic in honor of the ‘holiday’, okay?
Sure. I buy the basic Quaker ones for the kids’ lunches but I prefer those Nature’s valley ones; peanut butter.
5. If only__________________________________.
I had the motivation to get things done today.
6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.
LOL @ family friendly. I hadn’t even gone there until that was said! 😉 I guess I’d go with new carpet, which is honestly not that far off, if we can get past a few other life hurdles here soon.
7. What is one thing you’ve enjoyed about winter thus far? If it’s not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you’ve enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?
Oh is it winter? Florida doesn’t know. No no, not true. It has been cool. I guess if I had to choose, I have enjoyed NOT thinking about the heat… or the weather that much at all. Most days are so mild I don’t think one way or the other about the temperature.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am having a really tough time getting back into the swing of work. I realize I was only off for three days but all the things I jammed into those days makes me feel like I have been away a lifetime. I know I already wrote about this but I am in awe of my complete lack of motivation. I sit here with my work windows open, the cursor blinking, and yet, I cannot break away from my internal dialogue long enough to really get going. I had the new Starbucks flat white today, which is definitely more caffeinated than my usual latte and yet, I am still sort of tired, fuzzy-brained. I think I might take a quick walk and try to convince myself that stuff HAS to get done. I’m staring down a long list of projects and it is intimidating and that’s what is keeping me stagnant. Any tips and tricks for making yourself work?