1. What’s your best piece of advice for a newly married couple? I’m asking for a friend.
I would remind them that being married is actually a challenge and that you must always be mindful of that. Don’t forget to keep trying, listening, and compromising. It’s worked for me!
2. Before we’re too far into the new year I wanted to post a question Teresa submitted during the December giveaway. Teresa blogs over at Being Refined as Silver, so everyone go say hi.
Teresa asks, “What were you doing on December 31st, 1999?” and ” Did you or your family make preparations for Y2K?”
I was at home in Orlando and I remember thinking how scar it would be if everything fell apart. We didn’t do anything specific because my computer friends told me nothing was going to happen. But I woke the next morning, thankful, and had grits and eggs. Later that day, I drove to Sarasota to spend time with my then in-the-works boyfriend, who is now my husband!
3. According to Global Language Monitor, the most used word of 2014 isn’t a word. It’s the heart emoji. Huh? How can something that’s not a word be the most used word, but I digress. What do you think was your most used word in 2014?
That’s a tough one; probably one of my kids’ names because Lord knows I am on them enough!
4. Speaking of words, it’s that time again. Time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words they’d like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, and general uselessness) in 2015. You can read more about the decision making process here, but this year’s top vote getters are-
bae (before anyone else), polar vortex, hack, skill set, swag, foodie, curate/curated, friend-raising, enhanced interrogation, cra-cra (as in crazy), takeaway, and -nation (a suffering sports suffix)
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you’d like to add?
I know this wasn’t in the list but I HATE when people say YOLO. It’s carpe diem for stupid people and when I hear it, I am reminded how many stupid people are out there.
5. January is National Hot Tea Month? Are you a fan? Do you like flavored teas? How do you take your tea? Have a favorite cup or teapot? How many cups of tea do you consume in a given day?
Oh yeah, I am in. But at night only. LOL. Coffee in the AM and tea in the PM. I love Earl Grey, Lemon Zinger, and green, and I take them all plain. No milk or sugar but sometimes, honey in the lemon. I do have a favorite tea mug but I’m in my office with no pics. 😦
6. Whatever happened to__________________________________?
…that Malaysia flight? Did they determine that it is lost and gone forever? Did they find wreckage? So many news stories get overshadowed by all the other crud going on.
I want to read quite a few but Lauren Dane’s Broken Open is up next and I am pretty darn excited to read it. I’d also like to read something more serious but don’t know what.