- I have been sleeping better than ever on our new bed. I don’t wake up in the middle of the night and when I wake in the AM, I feel like I actually rested. But what has been bugging me is the fact I have had a headache every day. Pretty sure it is unrelated to the bed/sleep. It’s probably the weather change/pressure.
- We managed to find a babysitter for Saturday so we’ll be going to Ash’s office Christmas party. His boss used to host it but he and his wife weren’t up to it this year so someone else is. Should be nice for us to go out alone; it’s been quite a while that we went out at night.
- Today has started off busy; grade issues for students and needing more seats for kids for Spring. I only have today and Monday then I am off until the 5th! Let me tell you how much I need a break. Let me tell you how full my brain feels; how jumbled and chaotic it is.
- I had an entire post constructed yesterday about how I have not reached that moment of the Christmas season where I really feel the warmth and cheer that it can bring about. I want that but I’m not there yet. used to be I achieved this around 8 or 9 pm after the kids were asleep, on the couch, a cup of tea in hand, fuzzy socks, warm blanket, and my Christmas tree illuminating the living room. But lately, if I’m at that time of night, I’m bagging Zzzzs on said couch. But then I never posted it. So there’s the condensed version.
- I bought some Christmas-themed beers yesterday at World Market, along with this Hollynog stuff, a wine drink made with real cream and eggnog like spices. My sister claims it is good but my mother and I will be the judge of that. I also got Ash (and myself) these Hobbit themed beers. Cannot wait to try them; I couldn’t resist the marketing ploy. I’m a sucker and a nerd!
These just warm my heart