1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, “Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn.” So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?
I have been eagerly looking for actual turned leaves… and I have found some, though it happens a bit later here. There are definitely some pretty trees around campus and I have had a few afternoon drive home car moments when I saw something that reminded me to take a second to appreciate Fall. There are a few household chores I’ve left undone because I am making sure to appreciate other things but other than that, I am getting everything done for now.
2. Since we’re talking turning…what is one thing you feel you’re doing ‘every time you turn around‘?
Reminding my kids to do something that they should already know to do! It’s like I constantly have to go behind them. One of these days, they’ll get it, I just know it!
3. How hard is it for you to ‘turn the other cheek‘?
Depends. With other people, not that hard. With my husband? LOL. I’d rather fight him until he admits I am right so that doesn’t usually turn out so well.
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down in order to find something? Did you find it?
Oh geez, um… I couldn’t find this FSU chip/dip tray that I usually keep in this one cabinet. I looked through every possible cabinet in the kitchen and it is definitely not there. I don’t remember the last time I used it so this was totally baffling to me that it is missing!
5. ‘One good turn deserves another‘…were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?
I guess the last time anything like this happened was when a friend of mine got me some football tickets and when I asked about how to pay her, she said that was not necessary. I normally help her out a lot with work stuff so it is reciprocal.
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. And also fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet which would you choose? This question isn’t as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.
Man, that is a rough one. I’m going to go with green so I can include grapes and honeydew in this, though I love me a good banana.
7. The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween…which October film is your favorite?
OK so this is a reach but I’m going with Rudy. It’s set in the Fall and captures the football season so well.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I suddenly got nostalgic for Thanksgiving and my parents’ house. Good thing we’re going there this year. They came here last year so it’s our turn to go there and they’ll come here for Christmas. (Actually, they already booked their hotel and it has an indoor pool!) But yeah, I am really excited for that holiday this year. My sister and Justin will come and we’ll eat and drink and hang out and oh, it will be great.
Here’s a pic of us in ’09; my parents, grandparents, aunt, and obvs we only had the one boy.
2 thoughts on “Wednesday Hodgepodge”
I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving too. This year we are having it with a group of friends. We love getting together with them, but since some of them live 5 hours away, it doesn’t happen all that often.
I don’t remember the last time someone did something for me, I am usually the one doing the something for someone else