1. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, ‘You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.’ Would you agree? If not, why not?
To some extent, yes. I do believe in power over the mind so if you think a particular way, you can make that happen.
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily your same birthyear, just the same date/same month.
- –1513 – Spaniard Juan Ponce de Leon discovers Florida
- 1884 – 1st long-distance telephone call, Boston-NY
- 1914 – 1st successful blood transfusion (in Brussels)
- 1980 – Mount St Helens becomes active after 123 years
- 2134 – 32nd recorded perihelion passage of Halley’s Comet (apparently this WILL happen)
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to ‘have your cake and eat it too.’
Isn’t every day a chance for this? I want to be able to work and make money but also sit around and relax. I want it all!
4. What’s something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
Ha! teaching does both. It makes me feel young when I am alive in the classroom and really feelin’ it but it makes me feel old when I talk about something that the 18 year olds have no idea about.
5. When did you last do something that was ‘a piece of cake’?
There’s a cardio workout in our 21 Day Fix that has a few moves that Ash finds difficult. He cannot reach his toes! So this one, along with the yoga day, were easy for me. I achieved some of the advanced poses with very little difficulty.
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What else would you add to that list?(not necessarily food or beverage)
Daniel Craig, good shoes, and (hopefully) my childrens’ attitudes!
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200 in the Hodgepodge, what should I give away? By my calculations we’ll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is by Christmas.
Hmm, gift cards are always nice.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m overwhelmed this week. I have a whole bunch of research paper outlines to grade and they still keep throwing work my way from upstairs while the one girl is on leave. I do not mind doing that work but it’s just a lot of it and it always involves professors’ schedules. Some of them aren’t so nice about it. I keep trying to catch up but then a kid gets sick or I’m sick or I have to pick up kids early or dogs need to go to the vet. It is ALWAYS something else. Last night I had every intention of working out. Did I? Nope. I just parked it on the couch and turned off my brain. It was fabulous. I need to check out more often. Put my brain on the charger and just zone out.