1.) What were you writing about last year at this time? What has changed?
Below, I will post my Random Tuesday from April 16th, 2013, then break it down.
- Random acts of violence really bother me. Especially bothered by the fact that it affected runners and spectators of a running event. The racing atmosphere is one of unity and fun; not the place for bombs. I’ll be really interested to see if they can track down the culprit. I’m thinking someone much like the Unabomber.
- In other random news, I watched this show on the Nat Geo channel last night all about how the 80s made America what it is, down to the good and the bad; mostly the bad and the whole “me” generation stuff. I kind of miss those times sometimes; be it because of the economics or the fact that I was a carefree kid.
- What I didn’t know was that when the Romanian leader allowed the Who Shot JR episode of Dallas to air, the Romanian people wondered why they didn’t have all these cool things like Americans and they revolted against him and overthrew him. Huh? Who knew the affects of Dallas were so far-reaching?
- I just beat level 102 of Candy Crush; I honestly thought I might be stuck there forever!
- Last night, I let the dogs out and there was a small green frog on the glass door. I think I scared him when I opened it; he jumped about 5 inches and then this stream of liquid slowly dripped down the glass. Did I scare the piss out of a frog?
- Temps in the low 90s today?? We skipped right from Winter to Summer, apparently, though we got the pollen crud from Spring. Not fair, Florida.
- I miss Boston Market. We used to have three locations; now we have one but it’s not in an area I drive often. Now and then we’d get it for dinner and as I get deeper into this pregnancy and don’t want to cook, home-cooked type meals are more alluring, especially if someone makes them for me. Le sigh. The good places always end up closing down.
- I didn’t think it was appropriate to have Man Candy today so I present a… patriotic image, in light of the recent tragedy Happy Tuesday, folks.
And I included a picture of Captain America. So it looks like I was ranting about the Boston bombings and rambling on about other random stuff in my life. I can’t believe I was on 102 of Candy Crush; I’m on 268 now! It was hot then but today, it is 54 and beautiful. Seems like the weather is a little wonky this year compared to last. I looked up what I wrote about the day before and here are some highlights:
- Ell’s game was at 10:30 and it was wonderful weather: sunny but not hot, breezy too. His team “lost” but I figure it was payback for the butt-whooping we gave them last time. Promptly afterwards we went home, changed, made some pb&j sandwiches and hit the road. We decided to go all the way (all one hour and 50 minutes!) to St. George Island. In spite of the wind, it was still really quite wonderful.
- We watched both Old Yeller and An American Tail. Isaac is going through a can’t sit still phase though so movies are a little on the outs for him
Isaac watches movies now, Ell’s team is winning games, and we went to the beach and it was cool. But for the most part, it looks like we’re doing all the same things! We have sports and movies and beach trips and relaxing and family. Now we just have an added body. I was at a particularly good phase of pregnancy in April; I felt good and able to live life normally. Now, I am free of her inside me but burdened by the fact that an infant is rather demanding. This morning, for example, I was in the bathroom and it’s by far the worst time to be indisposed. The boys are getting ready and whining about stuff and they want breakfast and then SHE wakes up and it’s not like I can just up and vacate the bathroom to help everyone. The boys can wait but an crying baby is all like, “Come get me now before I pop a lung here!” But I am happy with where my life is.
To be honest, reading my archives from last year has made me realize just how good we have it. I’m in awe of how my outlook has turned around. Writing this post has been wonderful!