I despise you, Tuesday, but let’s get random!
- I ordered that new eggs Benedict sammich from Dunkin Donuts this morning and I am shocked I don’t like it. Eggs Benedict is one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods. But this sandwich is just so-so. Also, their latte machine was broken so I had to go to Starbucks anyway. Oh, hello Tuesday, you sick bastard.
- Elliot went back to school after 10 days. I remember being a kid and loving breaks but being ready to go back. As a parent, I think that’s just too long. LOL. I don’t think that makes me bad; I just know how my kids thrive on routine and how they react to being off of it.
- Though it is Tuesday, I have a confession: I didn’t work out yesterday. Having Elliot here and a looong busy day at work, by the time it was, oh, 8:30, I’d drifted off on the couch while watching Bones. (Dammit, that makes two weeks in a row I have missed the majority of.)
- I also slept funky so my right shoulder and side of my neck are all jacked up.
- I always found it funny how people say they have a crick in their neck. But to me, this is a crick:
- I think it might be a northern thing. The people I knew in western New York state always called the water near the country farmhouse a crick. I spent a lot of vacations with my feet in that cool water, searching for smooth stones and finding crawfish hear and there. Also, some people call those crawdads or crayfish. Language is so cool, isn’t it?
- Sorry, that was my English nerd speaking there.
- I know four people who have birthdays today and, as I have mentioned, mine is right around the corner. Are we doing anything special? Probably not. Elliot has baseball practice on Thursday and of course, I have to work out.
- I secretly hope Ash at least plans to take care of dinner that night.
- BG has been “talking” a lot lately. When she’s in a really babbly mood, she’ll say “da da”, “ba ba”, and a version of
“ma”. But the word she says a lot is something like, “Ah da” but she ALWAYS looks right at Ash when she says it so, there you go; first word = dada.
- As I lay down in bed last night, I had this sudden realization that I have a MILLION things to do and my heart started beating rapidly and I kind of freaked out for maybe three seconds. Then I just took it in stride and said to myself, “Self, you got this. It’ll all get done.” And I didn’t even really have to force that. Maybe I am getting the hang of this adult/parenting thing. Only took me until 35 but hey, at least I’m improving!