Let me first say, EFF YOU, TUESDAY. Started off not so hot but I bound and determined to turn this day around.
- It’s a breezy 70 degrees this morning and it feels glorious!
- Over the weekend, we saw both Lawless and Wanderlust. Here are my disjointed thoughts on each: Tom Hardy, where have you been all my life? Cardigans are NOT a good look. Guy Pearce is an amazing bad guy. / I had no earthly idea what Justin Theroux really looked like; only ever just heard the Aniston related news. I laughed my ass off even though I though it would suck. Paul Rudd is a great actor.
- If you missed my Monday post, I am no longer running the marathon. It’s decided and I am moving on with my life. I am training for some halfs and other various races but I just can’t do this one. Sorry, Savannah.
- I have been indoctrinated into the world of Doctor Who. I began last week with the season premier and I have to say, though a million blogs on tumblr ship that show, I had no “real” idea of what it entailed. But I like it!
- I am considering having my students do a freewrite on where they were when 9/11 happened but they were, like, 7. I was older than that even when the Gulf War was going on and I walked around for an entire two weeks believing that Hussein was going to send missiles directly to South Florida.
- But maybe it will be good for them; their first paper is all about important memories.
- I was just waking up to go to class… Ash, Chris, Steve and I gathered in our living room and just sat, watching. FSU was closed in the morning but we had class in the afternoon, though I can barely remember because it seemed like everyone was in a daze. The full weight really did not hit me, even though my day was working in New Jersey just across the Hudson at the time. I remember calling him and he said he could just see billowing smoke across the river. It was weeks later that I found out he’d originally had a meeting in the Twin Towers scheduled for 9/11; they had moved it to 9/10 and he was safely in Jersey when the planes hit.
- My archive of men is taking a hiatus so I may be forced to look elsewhere. For today though, I can still offer you these tasty treats (why NOT two?) :