Coming to you live from Tallahassee Memorial Hospital!
- As previously mentioned, my stomach ached on Sunday. Well, it got progressively worse so I made an appointment with my doctor yesterday afternoon. Pretty much right after she poked and prodded, she sent me to the ER.
- I sat in that damn ER for nearly 5 hours! The wait is not normally that long but it was a crazy day. There was a drug addict puking her guts out and an inmate in shackles. Classy!
- When I finally got in a bed, I didn’t even care about anything else except the fact I got to lay down. Every time my mind started to go crazy thinking about missing work and the surgery which was inevitable, I thought: “At least you have a nice bed to lay in and you can rest.” It was comforting.
- Sometime around 1 AM, I got taken for my CT scan, which is worse than surgery. Let’s just say that “rectal enema” is nothing you want to deal with. Blah. But everyone was super nice and they explained stuff and by about 4:30 I was en route to the OR.
- I don’t know when I woke up but I remember thinking, “Yay, I made it!” Ash and Ell were getting off the elevator right as they were wheeling me to my recovery room so I got to see them.
- I had a nice breakfast of broth, jell-o, coffee, popsicle and italian ice. It was pretty good; I had not eaten since noon yesterday and I was starving.
- They put these inflatable things on my calves that inflate on and off to prevent blood clots. It’s like a constant massage. I dig it.
- I’m looking forward to lunch and a nap and seeing my kids later. This is pretty much no fun but I am thankful for laptops and internet. For realz.
- No eye candy today as I haven’t got the energy to find it but let it be known, next week, you’ll get something special. LOL. Take care, y’all.