(1) What is the usual summer high temperature where you live?
It’s pretty hot here in North Florida. We honestly get hotter weather than Miami; we’re in this strange pocket of the jet stream and we have no ocean breezes.
(2) How do you keep cool? Do you have central air?
Everyone in Florida has central air! You pretty much run it at least 8-9 months out of the year. We keep cool by keeping the house darker – keeping blinds closed – and going to the pool. We have a little kid pool and if it’s really hot, we’ll all be in it. Here’s a pic of our brand new A/C unit. The old one was as many as 25 years old, though none of the guys could really identify it. LOL.
(3) Do you swim? If you get in the water do you get your hair and make-up wet?
I wish I swam for exercise more but typically it’s just if we go to a friend’s pool and yes, I am all about getting in, no matter what. Here I am in my parents’ pool last summer. (Semi-embarrassing?)
(4) What is your favorite summer look? As far as outfit , shoe choice and hairstyle? (Pics are rad or just describe it.) Do you wear less make-up in the summer?
I usually wear shorts and some kind of t-shirt or collared top. I have actually been wearing tanks lately, though I hate my arms. And it’s Target flip flops every day. Again, here’s a photo from last June’s vaycay to my parents’.
(5) What is your favorite summer meal to make or eat, either way? (Score extra cool points for a recipe.)