Oh Lordy, is it that time again? Time to rummage up some random thoughts and lay them down for your readers? Yup. It be.
- Ouroboros is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.The Ouroboros represents the perpetual cyclic renewal of life, the eternal return, and represents the cycle of life, death and rebirth, leading to immortality.
- I have been fascinated with it for quite some time, in the sense of my life’s actions being cyclical. Here are some photos of its depiction:
- I’d like to think that yes, my life is cyclical but I can break out of the commonplace daily minutia if I try. Just like I wrote about how I think everyone can lose weight if they try (in my spin cycle post) I think I can break the Sisyphean cycle or Ouroboros cycle of things.
- I managed this when I started running. This is why I want to come up with a good quote to add onto an ouroboros and make it a tattoo.
- Let me tell you how excited I am to get inked again. It’s been over a decade since I was last under the needle and I am anxious… in a good way. I want to remember what that pain/pleasure threshold is like.
- Ash is not a tattoo person but he wore a temporary pacetat during his marathon and admitted he liked having it. This, coupled with a good run I had the other day, gave me the idea to start coming up with a design I would always like. I will take a bit more time but I am pretty sure I figured something out. I will show you all soon.
- Meanwhile, I am keeping afloat as far as my online jobs are concerned. It’s been difficult doing all the grading and keeping up with so many different sites and students and policies. I am becoming more organized and still managing to be a mom/wife/runner and blogger.
- Isaac is interested in the potty. He has so far sat on it maybe six times and has had success twice. I know he’s a wee bit young (21 months) but hell, if he wants it, I’m game. I’d love for him to be out of diapers by the time Ell goes to kindergarten. Think of all the money that will free up!
- I begin TAing another class today and as soon as I am done blogging, I have about a gazillion and one things to get done before 11:30 when I plan to take one of those errand lunches; there is much to be done. And then? I have student conferences all afternoon.
- SO, Oscar noms go out today. Do you have any personal favorites? I don’t think I saw any of the movies that’ll be for best pic but maybe. I don’t remember. Once they get revealed, I am sure that will jog my memory.
Speaking of movies, today’s Man Candy is Jeremy Renner who is slated to play Hawkeye in the upcoming Avengers movie. I think he’s perfect to play Clint. Look at his arm! Drool. Ok, happy Tuesday!
9 thoughts on “Random (Talk to us) Tuesday – Waving, Not Drowning…Yet edition”
Yeah that’s awesome that he’s trying! Kinda gives me hope since mine is 18mo. Hope you have a great Tuesday!
If I had a tail, I’m not sure I’d want to eat it. Seems weird. I’m just saying.
James Bond has 2 tattoos. Personally, I’m not a fan of getting inked as I have this whole dislike of needles thing. Unless of course that needle happens to be for an epidural to make child bearing less painful, then bring it. BTW, James Bond did not actually see the needle when I got one for Indy, but he did see it when I had Han Solo and he nearly passed out at the size. Wuss.
Interested in a potty at 21 months? Holy beejeebers! It took forever to potty train Indy. It involved much begging and many tears (mostly on my part) and more than a few glasses of wine. I seriously reached the low point in my life when I sat on the floor of the bathroom thinking that as a college educated woman, my entire life revolved around whether or not another human being used a toilet. I’m seriously hoping that Han Solo will be easier since he has a big brother to show him how (as Indy says he will). He’s only 9 months, so we’ll see what the future brings.
I wish Bruiser was more interested. We keep working on it.
That is a cool idea for a tattoo. I toss around the idea of getting one, but have yet to find a design I like well enough.
I agree with you, everyone can loose weight. For some it’s an easy feat while other struggle, but persistance and proper dieting (eating right) will pay off in spades in the end.
Thanks for stopping off today!
It is the year of the dragon! This may be your year!
Good luck potty training! Emma has the pee pee down but she still poo’s herself. It’s so gross. She’s back in pull ups now. I can’t deal with poo.
Love the tat idea! I want to get ONE MORE. I need to think about placement though. I struggle with that.
Thanks for linking up with us again! Have a great day and run for me too please. Kthanks.
Awesome idea for a tattoo!! and may I add the Man candy is yummy!! *drools*
I can’t wait to she your new tattoo! The yard addicting aren’t they?
I’m so beyond thrilled that I don’t have to worry about potty training, although it was a piece of cake both times for me!
Thanks for linking up and get an extra lie in for me will ya?