This morning, Elliot had his 15 month check-up. FINALLY, he’s in the 5th percentile for height and weight. For months, he’s been negative fifth. He has always been proportionate but he’s a little kid. My boy packs away the food too. The people at day care are always reporting that he eats more than they ever imagine. Alas, his status has nothing to do with his input of food. Merely, it’s his genes. Poor thing. He’s lucky in other areas I suppose. Who knows how kids will turn out, anyway.
Last night, I was driving up to CVS to pick up a prescirption and I happened upon the Moon/Jupiter/Venus triad that was showing itself for the last time in my lifetime at least. Pic here. It looked roughly like this, though it seemed brighter when I laid eyes on it. On my way back, I looked for them in my rearview but it had clouded over and they were gone. Just like that. So fleeting are these tiny moments.
And now, because I can’t think of anything else useful to offer you in this post, some things the Boy is doing these days:
- Dance. Yeah, if a song comes on, he’ll sort of sway a bit then do these little knee bends. It’s ridiculously cute.
- Give hugs. When I get home and he and Ash have just gotten in before me, he’ll see me coming and run up and throw his arms around me and actually squeeze.
- Stack things. Well, not blocks necessarily but he’ll get the three dog dishes, pull them apart and restack them. He also does this with his bath toys that are little stacking cups.
- Brush his teeth. Ok, well, he’s letting ME brush them but when I say, “brush your teeth?” he’ll look at the cup where we keep his brush and point.
- Use a spoon. He cannot scoop up the food on his own but if I do it, he’ll pick up the spoon and feed himself, then plop the spoon back into whatever food.
- Hide and seek. He now hides himself behind the living room curtains, waits for us to say, “Where’s Elliot?” and then he’ll pop out at us. And this cracks him up like nothing else.
- Say “banana” but it’s more like a demand. It began as a question. Then became a demand. Sigh.
That’s about it for now; I know there’s plenty more but I’ve been super busy at work which equals a pretty mushy brain. So here’s a question for you: White lights or Colored lights? (On the house or the tree, doesn’t matter.)