- I couldn’t get to sleep Sunday night so I tried thinking of mundane tasks or something like that that might get me sleepy but my mind wandered to Motionless in White and Ice Nine Kills and I thought, well, maybe I’ll have a nice dream about them. But in the end, I dreamed about my OTP (one true pairing, in fanfiction circles), Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. I mean, Jon and Joe, if we’re using real, non-wrestling names. I don’t remember the context of the dream but I knew them well and we were in a crowded setting where there was contention and I kept telling them not to worry about all those other people, it’s just us. Nothing really HAPPENED in this dream but I feel like I captured the personalities of these two men. The dream was the embodiment. So weird. I wonder why I am having such vivid dreams lately; and of people I have not thought about in a long time. I don’t even watch wrestling anymore.
- This week is crazy already; left at 6 yesterday but apparently the leave time was 6:30. I guess I wasn’t sure how the calendar worked for yesterday but it’s ok; I am new and learning. I think today’s leave time is again 6:30 but tomorrow may not be until 7:30. I don’t like eating late but I can feel my self leaning towards food reward at the end of a long day. But I didn’t come this far to sink back to being fat either.
- I’m reminded of one of my favorite childhood movies, Mr. Mom. Granted, my husband is not out of work so he has to parent and work but I loved the concept of the mom going back to a high-powered job and dad having to learn all the house stuff. There’s scenes in that movie though where she comes home late and there’s a sort of admiration for the long hours. I’ve been getting that lately but I know there will come a day when that just wears on everyone. it’s rough but it’s only until May 5th!
- So I knew this day was coming but it kind of smacked me upside the head like a 2×4 from Hacksaw Jim Duggan. (If you get that reference, you too are old like me.) My oldest son is one of the youngest in his class because he has a late August birthday but so this is the “year of getting driver’s licenses.” He’s been riding with this Brian kid he knew in middle school to the gym. Today he’s getting a ride home with this other Jake kid. He’s a mutual of my son and my friend’s son so at least I have some connection there but I have no idea if these boys are good drivers. I KNOW my son is; that was the point of starting him as early as I could and just hammering him with techniques.
- There’s a newish band named Sleep Token everyone is high on right now and at first, I didn’t like the singer’s voice. They’re trying to pull the Ghost thing where they’re masked and people don’t know who they are. The singer actually kind of reminds me of Bastille (a band I only know from playing this Beat Star game) but it’s supposedly some other guy I’ve never heard of. It’s a pretty eclectic sound and I guess I can look past the voice. I didn’t like Volbeat at first either for the same reason. But now I love them. Here: check out Sleep Token.
- Does anyone have easy, go-to cold dip recipes they want to share? We’re going to a Superbowl party, as mentioned, but I’ll need to make a cold one and keep it in the cooler, since we’re going to breweries before. I am leaning towards something like ro-tel and corn but any suggestions are welcome!
8 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – Another long day”
Have you ever made black bean and corn dip – sometimes called cowboy caviar? It is one of my favorites – service with sturdy tortilla chips. https://thehappierhomemaker.com/easy-cowboy-caviar-recipe/#tasty-recipes-16890-jump-target
I’ve seen it on Pinterest but never made it. Thanks for the idea!
I guess I’m old! haha! When I was a kid, I grew up in a neighbourhood full of boys (including my younger brother) – so when I tried to hang out with them, I often got the job of being the ref, or the umpire, or when they wanted to play wrestling… the announcer. They would each decide which wrestler they were going to be and I’d have to announce them entering the ring. I’ll never forget my little cousin coming charging out holding a block of wood as Hacksaw Jim Duggan. LOL!
There ya go! He was one of my faves from that era.
There are so many cold dips. One of my favorites is a container of sour cream and a package of Hidden Valley dip. Two cups sour cream and 1 packet dry ranch dip mix. Mix well and it’s ever so good with chips veggies and whatever else you can dream of. A simple and delicious way to go.
Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥
Thanks for the recipe!
Mine is similar to Sandee’s: a container of sour cream and a packet of Lipton French Onion Soup mix.
I love that everyone’s going with simple. These days, I don’t have time for anything else!