- I am grading (as always) and trying to get my brain straight. The day started off early: woke at 6:50 and got showered right away because I had to drop one kid off early for a field trip and take another to TOC for his final leg appointment. He is all healed! It’s been basically 11 months since he broke it.
- Yesterday was an odd sort of mid-week break. I had a meeting with a student online then both Ash and I ran; he did 7 and I went 6 and my knee was none too happy on the uphills, that’s for sure. I’d had the pain last week so I’d backed off but our 10k is next Saturday and I needed to be sure I could still comfortably run. I do feel like I mostly had my endurance, though I did hit the “I ate keto yesterday” wall around 4.5. Before the race, I will for sure carb up. Anyway, the rainy weather from Wednesday persisted through Thursday so while it was not a pretty run, I finished it. He and I waited to eat because he’d invited his friend and the guy’s brother to watch soccer all day. And when I say all day, I am not kidding. They came around 2:30 and didn’t leave until midnight! I thought they might go earlier but nope. Ash was aware that it bothered me and I got some major props for “allowing” it. LOL.
- Today, I am planning to eat Mexican food and get prepared for tomorrow’s oyster/beer fest. A little town named Panacea combined their two festivals this year and we are serving our brew there. While I am looking forward to it, I am also a little stressed. Thankfully, our friend and his dad are coming to help and they offered to drive! It’s about 50 minutes away to the coast. It will be a long day but hopefully a fun one; looks like it’ll be sunny at least!
- Sunday is my birthday and I really have nothing planned at all. I believe my parents will be coming back through town and we’ll maybe have dinner with them but I didn’t plan an outing. Maybe we’ll just have burgers. We always go out to eat for a birthday but this year things seem all wonky. Maybe if the festival wasn’t the day before or maybe if I felt like it was ok to spend money eating out or maybe if I wasn’t the kind of weirdo person who doesn’t want anyone making a big deal about my birthday. I just don’t like all the fuss.
- As I said, it is sunny and you know how I feel about that – it’s wonderful! But it is also a little too cool for my liking but then again, it is only March after all. Not for much longer of course. It’s crazy how quickly everything is moving, it seems. I am trying not to panic when I look at the April Calendar but it is PACKED! All fun things but also, just a lot to juggle. I am going to need to be strong, that’s for sure.
One thought on “Friday Five – Need to slow down but can’t”
happy birthday a little early! It is a little cool here in the greater Birmingham area – only warming into the 60’s today. The sun is shining though. A new brewery has opened near us and I’m going to try to convince hubby to go this afternoon. I don’t like beer but I love checking out new spaces!