1. Is your home air conditioned? If it’s not air conditioned, is that by choice? Did you grow up with air conditioning? If not how did you cope with the heat? Share about a time or place you remember as being too hot-the temperature kind of hot, lest anyone be confused.
You’d be hard-pressed to find a house in Florida without A/C! Most of them do and it’s entirely what I am used to. To be completely honest, I don’t mind the heat and cannot think of a time when I was too hot. I mean, it’s 96 out right now (I’m writing this on Tuesday afternoon) with a heat index of 108. I was just outside for maybe 10 minutes and it was alright. I will say, Saturday night at Brass Tap, it was 9 pm and the deck was still pretty warm, even with a breeze… because even the breeze was kind of hot. That was too hot for a time I expected it to be cooling off.
3. Your favorite light and airy dessert?
I love chocolate mousse! I rarely eat it but it is one of my favorites.
4. When did you last feel like you were ‘floating on air’?
If you want a time I just felt really good about life in general, this would have to be the last time I had a nice conversation with my current intern. She really understood where I was coming from and we had a little chat about Sherlock and it was just really a nice feeling. If you mean in a more ethereal way, a couple summers ago, I remember coming home from the beach and smelling all sun-kissed and we’d had a lot of beer and Ash and I laid under the fan in our bedroom and just sort of lazed about. It was a real experience.
5. Airport, airmail, airtight, airhead…which have you most recently encountered? Explain.
I guess I will say airmail, in that I had to mail a package and (I explained this on my blog before) I lost my receipt and the company wouldn’t issue a refund until I told them the tracking #, even though they already had possession of the item. It drove me crazy!
6. Have you ever been to the Alps? If so where did you go? If not, is this a destination on your must-see list? If you were headed that direction this summer, which of the following would be your preferred activity…a gentle walk, a serious walk, a bike ride, a boat ride around one of the lakes, or summer snow skiing?
Though I have not been, I think it would be great to really set eyes on a huge mountainous region. But I think my goal in that aspect is really to hike a portion of the Appalachian trail. Maybe just a few miles of it and in an easier area!
7. What is one saying or phrase that was considered ‘cool’ when you were growing up?
“Gag me with a spoon.” I remember all the col kids said that about the stuff they disliked and of course, when you’re a pre-teen/teenager, it’s cool to hate stuff.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Elliot’s picture made the newspaper today! Our local paper did an article about Lafayette Park’s 50th anniversary of their summer Playcamp. They take a lot of pics every day but I guess the Democrat chose one of Ell next to a counselor. On my lunch break, I have to run to school to get Isaac registered for Kindergarten and I plan to buy a paper. I honestly don’t ever buy one but this, I think, is a time I need to!