1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green.
The first thing that came to mind was Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, which I enjoyed when I read it in college. And then I thought of Green River by CCR. Good old classic rock.
2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, ‘Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.’ Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?
I think that luck does sometimes befall me but I also believe some have it more than others. I also think some people who think they are “unlucky” are simply doing things to set themselves up for failure.
3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring…which ‘spring’ word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?
Hmm I’ll say spring fling because Tallahassee is awash with spring things, mostly pollen. It’s in the air, it’s a haze that lights on everything it touches: my car, my clothes, the animals. I don’t necessarily mind it because it’s a renewal and once we have one rain storm, most of it will wash away and the flowers will start coming out.
4. What’s something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?
Interesting question. I have a few necklaces and bracelets and whenever I put them on, I feel more confident. Maybe that’s odd but it’s true.
5. It’s National Celery Month…are you a fan? If so, what’s a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?
I don’t eat it a lot but I do like it. It’s fine in soups and salads but my all-time favorite is this: you soften cream cheese, chop green olives, add salt and a little of the olive juice and mix. Then you put it in the celery and… joy!
6. What’s one thing you wish you’d learned sooner?
See the earlier question about confidence! I wish I hadn’t spent so much time feeling bad about myself. I needed self-confidence much earlier on.
7. Would you like to own a second home? If so, where would you want that home to be?