Oh God, let me see if I can pull myself up by the bootstraps today and eke out a post:
- I forgot my wallet this morning so I had to head back home. Ell ended up eating oatmeal out of a tupperware in the car during the five minutes to school. I guess it’s slightly better than the egg white wrap he would have eaten in the ten minutes between Dunkin’ Donuts and school.
- I fell asleep last night on the couch probably around 8:45 or so and I missed the end of Bones. Blah. Went in to check on Elliot, who was in the back room watching TV before bed, and he too was passed out. We had a busy Monday that involved the playground and a play date with friends.
- After he was securely tucked in, I fell back asleep for a bit before I heard Isaac crying. Aaaand that made day two in a row that he had puked about 3 hours after bedtime. But during the day, he seems totally fine. No fever, no lethargy, acting normal, eating. WEIRD.
- I tell you , cleaning up kid puke is one of those all-time worst parent activities. Luckily, Ash got home right after I’d gotten Isey in the tub and was dealing with the sheets. But still – GAH – neither of us like to see him feeling that way, even though he’s -seriously – just fine every other moment.
- On a side note, Isaac had a bad dream around midnight Friday and I stumbled fromm bed to go to him. I bent down to pick up a pair of shorts to put on (not sure what I was thinking) and I ended up bashing my forehead right on the edge of the open armoire door. Have a nice bruise to show for it too.
- In non-sick kid news, time is passing at phenomenal speeds! I know that Thanksgiving will soon be here and I’ll have my hands deep inside a turkey (hello!) and the ‘rents will be here and then, and then… the meal will be over and I’ll break out the tree. I normally wait until about December first but since we’re going out of town later in December, I think I might get the tree up as soon as possible. Besides, I have one that works. Did I tell you that story?
- For a few years, we had a fake pre-lit tree from Walmart. I love a real tree but seem to be allergic. So this one lasted a good long while until last year when we finally needed a new one. Well, after only twenty or so days, the top portion stopped lighting up. Instead of taking it back to the store, I called the company number on a little insert from the box and they said no problem, we’ll send you out a new top part in 8-10 weeks. Mind you, this was about January 10th or so. Didn’t see it, kept thinking I should call again. Well, about three weeks ago, I got a really big box in the mail that looked like it could have come from Pro-Flowers but no, there was my tree part. TEN months later. They spelled my street name wrong, for one. I don’t know if that was the problem but instead of Winifred they spelled it Wonrfrod. Quality folks there!
- Anywho, this has been real, folks, but I have a gazillion AND ONE things to accomplish today. And in typical Tuesday fashion, I don’t feel like doing any of it.