Fall has finally arrived for REAL in Tallahassee; it’s 41 right now!
- I’m in a shit mood today; don’t know why. But it’s not conducive to getting work done.
- I shouldn’t bitch and moan though; the folks in the NE are probably having a hell of a go right now and I should just be thankful that, for once, it wasn’t Florida who got the storm.
- In other news, I looked through my closet Monday morning and found that I somehow have surprisingly few long sleeved shirts (that are work appropriate. I have a large number of long-sleeved race tees.) I don’t know when I’ll be able to go shopping but I am in dire need.
- I got into my office this morning to find that whatever server contains my FSU email info is currently unavailable. I knew there was a reason I should have just stayed home.
- I went and got new glasses yesterday, though they won’t be ready for a week. Also found out that the reason my contacts kept feeling so dry is because I have hardcore dry eye syndrome. As in, that’s a real thing. She did some test where this dye was supposed to break down in an average of 15 seconds, to show tear production, and it took my eye half a second. Which apparently equates to “Your eyes are super dry!” Wonderful. Relegated to glasses for all my days.
- If you follow me on Instagram (scriptor79) then you may have seen my 15 bean soup, which turned out amazing. We had rotisserie chicken on Sunday and with what was left, I made a mean soup. It made a literal ton but I gave some to my neighbours and will probably freeze it too.
- I woke up this morning and realized that Halloween is tomorrow. I haven’t even tried on my costume; hope it fits. I’ve been meaning to do it for two weeks now and I just never made the time. Oh well! Halloween just didn’t mean as much this year; we got our costumes early and then all plans were abolished so I guess we’re just dressing as ninjas and walking in our own neighborhood, which in the end, might be just fine anyway.
- Where did October go anyway? It was a super fast month.
- I’m boring today, y’all. I’m sorry. Does this make up for it?