Oh Tuesday, I really do love you. No, really. Please, let me love you…
- It’s always good to come home from a vacation, no matter how long or short. Our beach getaway was exactly what I needed.
- You know what’s funny about the beach? It’s that any old schmoe can go, so you always see some weirdos; beach bums and other freaks. When we went down to read Saturday morning, a boy and a girl – who couldn’t be more than 17 – were sitting on the lifeguard stand. She had bleached hair with blue highlights and he was sporting the scruffy emo look; they had a guitar and bag of snacks and every so often they’d get down and take pictures of each other posed with the guitar or splashing in the water. That is, until the beach patrol came by and told them not to camp out on the lifeguard stand. Silly hippies.
- SO, Dark Knight Rises was pretty fun. BUT, it really didn’t have the same intense feel as the other two. To me, it felt like a step outside the Nolan version. I still think he did a nice job with what he was given (in the face of NO Joker option) but there were plot holes and omissions from canon that I cannot reconcile.
- I have but one boy this week and it’s SO weird to have to only deal with him. It’s quieter, he goes to bed a good two hours earlier than Ell so my evenings are freer, and it just makes me realize how much chaos there is with two children. I cannot imagine if we had more; my brain very well may have exploded.
- I got the daycare call late yesterday saying Isaac’s eyes were crusty and puffy and looked like headed towards pink eye. I started him on drops but today, they are still not really red. Allergies?
- Have I mentioned that marathon training has begun? Yup, I have to log 25 miles this week, including a 9 miler on Sunday. One day at a time is my motto. It’s the only way to make it through without killing myself. (i.e. becoming incredibly depressed and skipping runs.)
- My mother’s birthday is the 31st and since she’ll be bringing Elliot back this Thursday, that’s my opportunity to give her a gift. Any ideas? I wanted to get her a new digital camera but even a cheap one is not possible right now. So what do you get a 63 year old woman who isn’t all that materialist? Please, I am dying to know your thoughts!
Boy have I got a treat for you. I have found a new source for super rugged men, so you get something special today! Tom Hardy, whom I don’t find inherently sexy but can be, depending on the role. I certainly liked him as Bane in Batman.