1) Was 2010 a good year for you? I have to say yes.
2) What was your favorite moment of the year? I’m thinking probably…Thanksgiving. Only because my family was here and my brother in law and my kids behaved and it was just all around nice.
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year? Those few weeks right before Isaac was born. I felt like the pregnancy would never end and I was depressed. But right up there are the months when we had to carpool after Ash totalled his car.
4) Where were you when 2010 began? I was at home; pregnant and staying with the kiddo because Ash was at a party.
5) Who were you with? See above.
6 ) Where will you be when 2010 ends? I am hoping I can go to the New Year’s party this year while Ash stays home. We can’t find a sitter!
7) Who will you be with when 2010 ends?If all works out, the people at said party!
8.) Did you keep your New Year’s resolution of 2009?I don’t make them because I feel like you should strive to improve no matter what.
9) Did you break up with anyone in 2010?I broke up with my laziness and extra fat!
10) Did you make any new friends in 2010?I solidified some existing relationships.
11) Who are your favorite new friends?I feel like that’s kind of a rude question.
12) What was your favorite month of 2010?I liked June because that was when I started running.
13) Did you go abroad in 2010? Nope.
14) How many different states did you travel to in 2010? Um, two I guess.
15) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2010? Nope.
16) Did you miss anybody in the past year?Aren’t we always missing someone in some way?
17) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2010? I really liked How to Train Your Dragon and Inception.
18) What was your favorite album from 2010? I didn’t listen to any new artists!
19) How many concerts did you see in 2010? None.
20) Did you have a favorite concert in 2010? N/A.
21) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2010? No, but I made a conscious effort to buy beer I liked and drink one on nights after the kids went to bed.
22) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2010? Nope.
23) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Probably, but I can’t recall any specifics.
24) What was the biggest lie you told in 2010? Lame but I probably said I was going to be at work but I ducked out when no one knew.
25) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2010?I’m typically not the type to lie to people like this.
26) Did you treat somebody badly in 2010? I’m certain I did.
27) Did somebody treat you badly in 2010? Not that I’m aware of.
28) How much money did you spend in 2010? Probably more than I intended. Had a large comic pull list and Isaac’s daycare increased our spending.
29) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2010? Honestly, I can’t remember. I try not to be embarrassed, even if it is a qualifying moment.
30.) What is one thing you did in 2010 that you’d never done before? Hmm, well, I gave birth in about four hours. Never did that before! (Elliot was about 13)
31.) Did someone close to you give birth? Do I count??
32.) What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A new job.
33.) What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The birth of baby Isaac: April 15th.
34.) What was your biggest achievement of the year? Learning how to parent two children. An infant and a toddler (ok, he’s 3) is quite a challenge but by the time Isaac was 4-5 months, I had it down.
35.) What was your biggest failure?When Isaac was about 2 months, he cried ALL THE TIME. I felt like a failure and I really lost all sense of reason.
36.) Did you suffer illness or injury? Just this on-going carpal tunnel issue.
37.) What was the best thing you bought? This is hard for me because I am typically not a materialistic person. I am going to say six Frontier Ruckus songs because they brought me infinite joy each and every time I listened to them.
38.) Whose behavior merited celebration? Going with Ash on this one. He really helped me out in the early months of Isaac’s life, moreso than he did when Elliot was born. He stepped up and acted like a real father and man, what an achievement.
39.) Whose behavior made you appalled? Congress, the Tea Party, The Westboro Baptist Church — you know, the usual suspects.
40.) Where did most of your money go? Towards the maintenance of the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed.
41.) What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting a new car, even though it is Ash’s. I was SO tired of carpooling.
42.) Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or hardened? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? s
43.) What do you wish you’d done more of? Writing. In September I started writing again and realized how much I love it. It’s a goal for 2011 to do a whole lot more.
44.) What do you wish you’d done less of? Watch tv and/or yell at Elliot.
45.) How did you spend Christmas? At my parents’ house.
46.) Did you fall in love in 2010? With Baby Isaac. 🙂
47.) Any one-night stands? Negative, Ghost Rider.
48.) What was your favorite TV program? Bones!
49.) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Of course not. Hate is wasteful
50.) What was the best book you read? OMG, I read so many. Can I just say the entire J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood series?
51.) What was your greatest musical discovery? Frontier Ruckus. Or Robin Thicke.
52.) What did you want and get? A more abundant life.
53.) What did you want and not get? I kind of wanted to lose more weight but I did OK.
54.) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Not much; I turned 31 but I was hugely pregnant.
55.) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More sleep.
56.) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Jeans and a nice top.
57.) What kept you sane? Ash. And lattes.
58.) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Tough one. I don’t put much stock in that stuff. I guess I really quite fancy a lot of male models but even though, it’s passing.
59.) What song will always remind you of 2010? It seems unlikely that any song will remind me of a year, especially because I don’t listen to a lot of new stuff.
60.) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010? I learned to reign in my anger, try to be patient with my children, for they know not what they do (sometimes).I also learned to be more open to new ideas and to take each day in stride.
61.) Quote a song lyric that sums up the year. I tried to slow down and focus on things so here are some lines from Frontier Ruckus’s Nerves of the Nightmind:
and you can lay with your head on my body
the worlds of the night and disease try to rob me
all the vegetation in the settled world is stirring
but stillness and calmness are all that I’m hearing
and it will take