- This week went pretty quickly and I guess I can attribute that to being a.) motivated most of the days but then b.) unmotivated entirely two of them and basically, those were a blur; a wash.
- On Monday, I ate like total crap, but then I’ve been eating really healthy the rest of the week and it is insane how much better I feel. It’s fine – of course – to splurge when you feel you need to. And I needed to! But I also accept that I just feel like such a cleaner person when I don’t eat burgers and cheesecake and grease. Blech.
- Our weather has been awesome the last two days: cool in the morning, highs under 90, and clear blue skies. I have been basking in the sun as much as possible; I realize that when I get at least 10-15 minutes of direct exposure, I am overall happier. I brought my tennis shoes and ipod today so I can walk on campus. Coincidentally, my 365 day calendar of random happy notes says this: Take a walk in the sunshine today. Ok, I will!
- I think – and this is completely random – it would be so cool to become a Tolkien scholar. Completely useless also but I get excited thinking about how much info is out there to discover if this were my path. If I chose to study the world of Tolkien, I could read and read forever – there’s just so much! For now, I am reading the annotated Hobbit and I’ll be good on that.
- Do you ever wake up and remember some random time in your life? The cool weather this morning – for some reason – reminds me of my grandparents’ screened porch in south Florida. I remember the camellia bushes right outside, the aloe plants in low planters on the ground, and these lizards that always got inside. There was such a peacefulness about it, looking out over their gently sloping yard out to the canal.
I have gathered photos from #5’s recollection
Not their canal but similar
And now, a song I really identify with this week. When I can’t spend money, I always want to.