- So yesterday, I left work a slight bit early and you know what I did? I got a pedicure. For a little while, I was the only one in there. And the sun was out (finally) and they had the door to the place open and my god, it was heaven.
- Ash had to drive all yesterday so he was starving and decided to take us all out for pizza. Yay! We got home and I felt particularly productive. So while Elliot plugged away at extra work, I cleaned their bathroom and magic erasered the tub – which needed it like no one’s business – and then I swept in the kitchen and washed dishes.
- Apparently, a guy caught a nine foot great white shark off the coast of Panama City. I don’t usually go that far west to hit the beach but think of all the Spring Breakers! We have it next week so tons of co-eds will be flocking!!
- I have been so good about taking my breakfast and lunch this week (yeah, I know it’s only Tuesday) but I have planned out the whole week. I’m very proud of myself. I have been working out too, for the most part. I skipped last night but I have to tonight.
- I really feel like going to the mall and just buying stuff but I am saving for Hawaii. I cannot possibly just go randomly spending, especially not if I am going to pay ahead for Elliot’s summer camp for four weeks. I pretty much hate money.
Today’s Coffee Chat prompt is a confession and it reminds me of forever ago and when I used to do a Friday Confessions meme. I’m going to dredge one up like Stacy because, well, I think I probably have some good ones back in the vaults. (Does ANYone get the RHPS reference??)
Here is one dated 9/20/2013. Sometimes it is funny for me to go back and see what was confessing. This one amused me so here; I hope it does the same for you.
I confess… I am not feeling motivated this morning but my parents get here in about 6 hours so I have to: give the dogs baths, clean their blankets and crates, sweep, vacuum, and clean the guest room. I should also give Dakota ( AKA Stinky Milk Neck) a bath.
I confess… I went for my 6 week check up on Tuesday and though they prescribed my mini-pill for BC, the doc recommended being on it for a week to be safe. So for fun, we thought we’d buy some condoms. Haven’t done that in over a decade. So I went to CVS and find that they are all in a locked shelf, much like ipods and cameras at Best Buy. There’s a large red “Ask for help” button you have to press. As the girl from the pharmacy ambled towards us, I made sure to tell her that it never used to be that embarrassing. Luckily, I don’t really care!
I confess… it’s been a bit disconcerting that every day, Elliot wakes up fine – gets dressed, eats breakfast, gets in the car no problem – but as we pull up to school, he’s fighting me on it. He claims he’s too tired and school is boring and he just doesn’t want to go. I never remember feeling like that so I hardly know what to tell him. I’ve said everything. Though today, he was fine. But I think it’s because he knows my parents will be here later. However, he didn’t have one single complaint. I hope everything is ok for him though; I always wonder if something is going on at school he’s not telling us.
I confess… I have felt a little stressed lately but not about any one particular thing. I guess it’s knowing I am going back to work on the first and getting all things ready. Baby Girl took a bottle yesterday so that’s good. I know she won’t have issues at daycare with that then. But I am a little worried about my lack of sleep when I am working. She wakes up twice a night but I don’t really feel exhausted. When I am working, though, it may really catch up to me.
I confess… some days I can’t wait for her to get a little older, so we can skip through some of these crying for no reason times. I mean, she has been good this week. But sometimes that crying just wears on you!
I have juicier confessions but I can’t seem to muster any this morning. Maybe another day! ;)