1. Last thing you did on the spur of the moment?
Hmm, I’m going to go with about a month ago, instead of seeing a movie, Ash and I decided to pick up a couple beers then take a nap. It was… glorious!
I see bits and pieces through Facebook but honestly, I think it would be too heartbreaking to read.
3. What have you changed your mind about?
I was going to say my party affiliation but let’s go more light today. I’m going to say… banana peppers! I used to think I hated them but I tried them on my Publix sub a few weeks ago and I love them! I will say, I don’t put both the peppers and pickles anymore because that combination of their juices is a little strong.
4. A medium sized non-poisonous snake found it’s way into the pool trap this weekend. If you’d been sitting poolside would you have fished it out? Gone running? Called for help? Pretended not to know? Continued swimming?
I guess I’d get my husband and we’d see what he did. We find medium sized black racers in our backyard fairly often and they slither away in fear. If he couldn’t get out of the pool trap, I guess we’d get a very long stick and set him free.
5. September 10th is National TV Dinner Day…what’s your idea of a great TV dinner? (Or at least a pretty good one!)
I don’t eat much of those frozen meals but if you want to talk meals to eat in front of the TV, I’ll say pizza roll-ups. I used to make these for my boys all the time. Crescent rolls with some red sauce and mozzarella, baked, then dipped in marinara. I’d lay out a picnic blanket for them and let them watch TV.
6. Samuel Johnson is quoted as saying, “Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other.” Would you agree? Where have you seen that played out recently? What’s the second greatest virtue?
I guess I agree because without courage – even a small shred – you won’t take the first step in accomplishing anything at all. I guess the second virtue is overall kindness.
7. What are three words you have trouble remembering how to spell?
I’m a pretty good speller so this is rough. Um… “embarrassment”, “cemetery”, and “privilege”.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was late to work today. For one, I couldn’t figure out what to wear. I was just not having any of my clothes. Secondly, about half a block from the daycare, the northbound lanes were closed off. We had to take a long detour through a neighborhood – behind a bus – to come back South to drop off baby. Turns out a very large the had fallen in the road. I actually took this all in stride, considering I had been feeling angry and rushed when we left our house. Some things can not be helped and this was one of them. I’m hoping it’s a good lesson for my entire day. I will take things as they come and handle them and move on. It’s all I can do.