1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you?
Oh man, I have lots of baby clothes to give away. I know my neighbours’ daughter was having a girl and they took some of mine already. I went to take another bag and realized they’d been gone a few days, which means the baby has probably already been born. So I may end up just Goodwilling the clothes.
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
I don’t REALLY have one but sometimes I think about this game from when I had Windows 3.1., back in the late 90s, called Endorfun. It was essentially a 3d cube you had to move around on a board so the corresponding color connected to the board to match. The background was all colorful and trippy and the songs were very Eastern. One had a guy in the background saying, “I feel joyful now”. Sometimes I randomly say this when I am stressed.
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
OMG, me and me only. I prefer it. Sometimes we all go but then I spend too much. I would say most weeks, the people at Publix see me at least four times. I go often enough that they notice when I don’t have the kids or when I buy less than usual. Scary right? I would say I make a list most times; we keep a white board in the kitchen and if I am on the ball, I take a pic with my phone so I will at least have something to go on. For the most part, we always need bread and fruit.
4. Is there a TV show you’re embarrassed to say you watch? You’re going to tell us what it is, right?
I’m not embarrassed y my viewing habits. I pretty much only watch: Inkmaster, The Middle, Sherlock, and anything on HGTV. And Game of Thrones when it’s on.
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-
that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
I would say… really. I HATE Irregardless because it’s NOT A WORD. But the others come in handy when you’re speaking to friends. I am pretty sure this list is for when you’re in a business setting and aiming to impress. So in that case, don’t use non-words.
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It’s called ‘The Granny Hair’ trend. Your thoughts?
They used to say some gray gave one the air of being wise. Obviously, dying it don’t make you smart.
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they’ve read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let’s try. What’s one of the most beautiful sentences you’ve ever read in a piece of literature?
Oh man, is that even possible? I have read SO many books. I just… can’t answer this right now. I’m sorry.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
In the past week, I have found myself saying something about a person in our department TWICE – two different people – when they have coincidentally been lurking outside my office. There’s A LOT of people around here; how is this possible? Do I have the worst luck or what?? It wasn’t anything awful but let’s just say I wasn’t saying glowing things about them. SIGH. Foot, meet mouth.