- I just got Elliot and myself registered for the upcoming Springtime 5K. I know it’s a fairly hilly course but we’re actively training and should be fine. It’s kind of sad to be stressing about a mere 3 miles when I’ve done half marathons but those were pre-third baby! I’ve been out of it for a while.
- Ell and I did a good three miler on trails the other day and I’m feeling it. The trail we run is fairly technical – roots and downhill, curvy too. My sides are hating me! The planks and push ups I’ve been doing in my office contribute to that pain as well. But I am tired of being flabby and I have to fit into a bathing suit in October!
- I’ve been looking at these vintage style bathing suits on Pinterest and I think I might get one for our trip. What do you think? Too old-lady-ish?
- My Loseit! app says that if I stick to my goal of roughly 1550 calories a day, I will meet my goal (15 pounds lost) by October but we will see. That doesn’t really take into account working out but I will definitely be running from here on out. I have this plan to bring my 3 pound weights back to my office (they lived here forever!) and do arm exercises like crazy. My poor family genes: we’re destined for flabby upper arms but generally thin bodies. Ugh.
- Did you hear about the petition to get rid of the ‘feeling fat” emotion option on Facebook? That’s just plain ridiculous, in my opinion. if I want to express that I feel fat, how does that hurt someone? That’s my opinion and it isn’t aimed at anyone. This world has gotten way out of control with words. Since when do words have so much power? Absolutely insane.
Ok, let’s move onto the Tuesday chat prompt:
Would You Rather? Pose a question in your post, such as: “Would you rather sleep in a 5 Star Hotel, or, camp out under the stars?” It can be any question. Provide your answer in your post, and invite readers to answer in the comments.
My question for you is: Would you rather live in the middle states, near beautiful forests and mountain ranges or would you rather live near the ocean,; close to the beach or within driving distance?
For me, it’s near the ocean. I heard a random song on the radio about someone never having seen an ocean and it made me sad; it was an instant and uncontrollable feeling – to think someone had never set their eyes on that vast and awesome sight. I am so much happier when I am on the beach; the way the sun touches your skin is different than when you’re spending time outdoors at your house. The sand, though some may argue is annoying and messy, feels right on my feet. The sound of the waves lapping the shore alone is a kind of therapy you couldn’t pay for. I may not be in “bathing suit shape” and I’m not some pretty person who can walk confidently down the beach but I still love it. I hate gray days and I need sun and that’s the perfect place to soak it up. Below: last summer when about seven families met up for the day:
That’s not to say I wouldn’t love to hike in the woods but it feels more isolated there and that scares me. I’m a happier person near the ocean and some day, I hope to own a house near it.
How about you? Where would you rather live?
Another day home with the kidlet
- I bought some Jimmy Dean 210 calorie breakfast sandwiches so I will stop buying breakfast after drop off each day. And you know, they are actually pretty tasty!
- Baby girl is going though this phase where her 3 AM wake up call lasts 45 minutes because she wakes up and fusses to get back to sleep. But – even though I have done this before – I still don’t know if she’s fussing to sleep or because she is still hungry. It’s a pretty annoying part of motherhood.
- I have to take her to the doc this morning. When you have a baby, they want to see them 2-3 days after leaving the hospital and then again 2 weeks later. Because she went back in a few times with minor jaundice, today marks 2 weeks since her last visit. I am interested in seeing her weight gain; sometimes I feel like she doesn’t eat as often as the boys ever did. But I could just have forgotten.
- There’s a lot of selective amnesia involved in parenting.
- I bought Isaac a pair of shoes off Amazon last night that I have wanted for so long but their price went against my morals as they pertain to childrens’ anything: they were 35 bucks! However, all his shoes are hand-me-downs and therefore, already worn. Maybe this pair will last. And besides, poor Isaac, my beloved middle child, deserves something of his own now and then.
- The tooth fairy brought Elliot a bright shiny gold dollar (The one with Polk on it; LOL) and little Isaac was so excited for him but you could tell, he wished he got something too. Of course, the harsher side of me as a parent says, well, you can’t always get the same stuff as Elliot. The kinder side wanted to cry and give him a balloon.
- Ash had a point this morning: Isaac has this quality about him that we liken to our old dog, Iggy. Always sweet and innocent and meaning well, especially in comparison to siblings (same goes for both human and dog in this case.)
- Our weather has been really nice lately and it definitely reminds me that Fall is coming, at some point. Or, you know, Winter is coming. LOL. Get it?
- Ok, I have to get her to the doc so I’m out. Hope everyone’s having a good Tuesday!
Another day home with the kidlet
- I’ve had a sore throat for days but I never get sick. I felt bad last night – headache, a little dizzy – but then today, fine other than the throat. I have no idea what’s up.
- And I have a random scratch on my face.
- And I had awful dreams all night. In one, Isaac was drowning but I couldn’t move to get him. My body would not budge. In another, there was some creepy guy stalking around our house and he had pictures of us in our beds that he somehow took through the blinds. I slept like shit, which sucks because Dakota slept for five hours straight!
- I’m getting a little greedy about winning things on Twitter now. First the Snapple K-cups pack I got, then the Bonefish GC. Now I’m all looking for opportunities.
- It’s nice and sunny here today but man did it storm last night. Hours of thunder, lightning, and crazy rain. I looked out the front window just before bed and the water rushing down the road was gushing up around the wheels of my car and it looked like white water rapids, basically. Perhaps it was the storm that gave me bad dreams. Though we’ve had most of the tall trees taken down, I still fear that one will fall on our house, like it did that one time (though it only hit a corner of the roof.)
- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: there needs to be breakfast delivery. When I was driving back from doing drop-off, I didn’t want anything but now I do and I don’t feel like actually making it.
- Daytime TV is really pretty horrible, am I right? You know what shows I miss? Supermarket Sweep and that other one that came on after: something about shopping in a mall. Those were good watchin’.
- I had a cup of coffee this morning but I can tell you: it was just not enough. I’m off to make another. Happy Tuesday everyone!
I’m here; that counts for something
- Well, still here; still pregnant.
- I have a bunch of things still to do at work so clearly, this is why she’s waiting. Though, now that Ash has some plans and my mom left for the beach, she’ll probably show up, just because the world works that way.
- Last night I didn’t want to do ANYthing. I managed to wash dishes and then I camped it on the couch. That’s totally not like me so something is just off. I ended up watching a few episodes of Full House, which I love that they play on Nick now. You know, after all these years, I still think John Stamos is totally hot.
- That reminds me of this time I went to a day camp, maybe in 6th grade? And I traded a picture of Patrick Swayze to this girl for a photo of John Stamos. You know, from one of those girl magazines like Tiger Beat or Bop! I can’t believe I even remember that. My brain is full of useless things.
- I can’t believe July isn’t over YET. Does it seem t you like it went on for a very long time? It seems to me that August should already be in full swing.
- Maybe I am just ready for Fall. Even though – I have to say – I have not been that bothered by the heat. It certainly has seemed hotter the past few days, mainly because we’ve had less rain. But it’s not been a ridiculously hot summer, which is usually what prompts me to start thinking about Autumn and cooler temps.
- It’s funny how slow time goes when you’re waiting for something.
- Isaac is starting to show signs of the “punk-ass threes”, as I call them. Elliot did it too around this time. This morning, Isaac dropped his bowl of Cheerios but only a few spilled out. You’d have thought it was the end of the world so I calmed him and told him to set the bowl down while we cleaned up the few that spilled. Well, he was all angry for some reason and decided to dump the rest out. Of course, this then resulted in another major meltdown. Then five minutes later, he was back to being sweet. Three is the age of bi-polar disorder in children, I think.
- That’s all I have for you; I am working on some last minute projects and I am HIGHLY uncomfortable. Feeling crampy and huge and awful. TTYL!
I must have missed Monday so, uh, onto the blogging
- So I really did try to post yesterday but I could never start. I was also feeling exceedingly uncomfortable; having Braxton Hicks ALL day and just not able to sit at my desk. I went home around lunch and pretty much camped out in my recliner for the majority of the afternoon.
- Sadly, (and like always) it rained all afternoon until about 4, when the sun magically came out again.
- My mom got home from her errand (that story later) around 4:30, same time as Ash. Then we went out for pizza, bathed the kids, finished watching a movie, and went to sleep. I’m pretty worn out these days.
- Everything is all about baby, and the royal baby isn’t making that any less apparent. I don’t really get the fascination with it but it’s news nevertheless, I guess.
- I got the last few things I needed for the nursery: one more sheet, crib bumper, and a diaper stacker.
- I can see why some women begin maternity leave before their baby is due. It would be nice not to have to sit here uncomfortably. But on the other hand, I would be BORED at home.
- I’m not looking forward to the pain of labor but I am definitely ready to get on with this. Also, I kind of look forward to resting in the hospital. I’ve said it before but the food really isn’t that bad.
- I’m also kind of looking forward to maternity vacation and working around the house. Really, these last few weeks are such limbo. We’re all just waiting!
- Here’s an interesting list that HLN thinks people wish parents had told them about babies. I disagree with the one about speaking in baby. I never did that and hence, my children didn’t act like spoiled babies. Shock! I can think of five things off the top of my head that I wish people had told me that are NOT this list.
- The one thing I wish people had explained to me was the post-birth kit they give you in the hospital (if you had a natural birth). No one tells you about the gauze underwear or the squirt bottle.
- They also don’t tell you that you’ll continue to bleed for weeks and about the part where the doc presses on your gut after the baby comes out so you can deliver the rest of that stuff. This might be TMI for those of you not in the know but really… someone needs to warn women about this stuff!
- SO, no more gross stuff; think about cute little baby fingers and the way their heads smell and how quiet and cuddly they can be when they’re new. THAT’s the stuff I really can’t wait for. Really, I can’t. And now, some newborn pics; Ell and then Isaac.
Better late than never…
- Every time I have come into my office and not had internet, it has been a Tuesday. This cannot be coincidence. It also always takes them about one hour to get it fixed. In the meantime, I play the only game I have on my work comp: Vacation Quest: Hawaiian Islands. It’s a searching for items game. Fun!
- So my brother in law has become a fruitarian. My first thought: he must be in the bathroom all the time! And my second thought is that I secretly don’t trust anyone who excludes too much. I mean, eat a vegetable, eat a french fry every now and then but for god’s sake, not JUST fruit! I’d be sick of it in a week. But to each his own.
- I started my day by stretching again and feel pretty good, but this sciatic nerve pain is ridiculous. Pregnancy is ridiculous! Worth it, of course, but still, ridiculous!
- Speaking of, I kind of hate when people say “ridonkulous”. I’m over that word. Put it in the word trash can along with YOLO, please.
- I wasn’t going to weigh in on the Zimmerman case but I do have to say I called it. Is he guilty of racial profiling? Yes. Is he a d-bag who made poor choices? Yes. Did he purposely murder him? No, I don’t think so. Having served on a jury, I think they did the right thing because of that whole “beyond a reasonable doubt” clause. What it comes down to is this: two people, in the wrong place at the wrong time who made very poor decisions in the moment. It’s sad, yet true.
- Now that this is over, I’d like to get back to the Jodi Arias trial and find out what sentence she will receive. because she IS guilty as sin.
- You know what irks me? I bought some used Hanna Andersson outfits from a woman on ebay and the other day in the mail, I got a catalog. This woman doesn’t work for them so um, did ebay sell my info??
- I don’t think privacy exists as we used to know it anymore.
- Someone asked me what I wanted for my baby shower and I jokingly told them beer. I don’t think they thought I was kidding. (I was only half kidding.)
- We watched about 3/4 of Rock of Ages on Sunday but it was pretty bad. It reminded me how much I love that music but how loosely strung together a movie can be. Oh well. They can’t all be good.
There’s what I have for you today; I have a million things to do in the event I go into labor soon so peace out!
Time is going pretty quickly but I would like it to slow a bit!
- That’s right: I’d love it to slow a little because I don’t feel ready for the baby just yet. I have more to do at work than I can accomplish and have this unnatural fear that baby girl will somehow make her appearance in this world without warning.
- Watch: I’ll go over 40 weeks now that I have said that.
- I have to make it to next Tuesday at least because my boss has planned a baby shower. C’mon TAs, represent for your best bud in the English department. ;)
- Honestly, I don’t need that much stuff. I mean, I may not have girl bedding or blankets but none of that stuff is very boy-centric (aqua themed bedding, white and yellow blankets). Diapers though… haven’t even thought about buying those in a while now so that’ll be fun. NOT.
- I started my day by doing some stretches and you know, I feel ten times better. Why don’t I think to do this every day??
- Of course, it could be the sleep I got too. I fell asleep from about 9:30-10:15, then maybe 11-12. Then I slept from 1 to 6. It seemed to have helped.
- We only have three more episodes of Game of Thrones before we’re all caught up. It didn’t take long; even when some episodes moved a little slowly, we wanted to keep watching because you never know who’s going to die next or get screwed over, etc. I think I have decided that my two favorite characters are Hodor and Tyrion. He’s the only tolerable Lannister. (Ok, Jamie has gotten a lot better too.)
- And I had to share this because it’s both dumb and funny:
- I don’t know what I’ll watch when this is all over; guess that’s just another thing up in the air like when this baby will come, what we’ll do with Elliot for the two weeks between camp and school (if I’m not already home with Baby Girl), what my jobless parents are going to do, or if I will find another job to replace the one I lost. So many question marks!
- Luckily, I can go back to beer once Baby Girl is out (I know how to work it so I can still breastfeed, don’t worry). That may be the solution to all problems. Sad as that may sound…
- I shall leave you with a question today. If you play Candy Crush on your phone, do you know how to request or send lives to people who don’t play connected to Facebook? My dad’s playing on his ipad but is not on FB. He needs a ticket to the next level. Peace out!
I mis-budgeted this week so I’m stressed now; but onto the random!
- I am OVER this rain. It managed to stay dry long enough yesterday for me to finish mowing our lawn (which has been done in chunks due to said rain) but OMG, every day is gloomy! I am very affected by rainy days.
- I had my 35 week doctor’s appointment yesterday and though this may be a bit TMI, I am happy to report that this cervix is fully closed. I was happy to hear this but Ash was thinking it would be better to know something was happening. Hell, we are NOT done with the nursery so she needs to stay. Though, I would be happy if she showed up one week early, as Isaac did. It’s funny; after two other births, I am still a little afraid of labor.
- I have a bunch of things to put up on ebay and yet, every night I end up on the couch either asleep or watching Game of Thrones. Last night, I was going to print pregnancy photos to update my belly book and what did I do? I got in bed and slept for two hours. I really needed it though.
- I am at a loss without that other job going on. I like to stay busy but for now, I am not. I DO have a lot to clean up in my office before maternity vacation so I shouldn’t be wasting a lot of time, which I totally am.
- About a week ago, Keurig’s Twitter feed asked what your favorite Snapple flavor was that now comes in K-cups. They said the first 25 to respond would get a tea sampler. I was 2nd! Yay! So I thought I was going to get some K-cups but check out the link to my Flickr page on the sidebar; they gave me so much more! I never win anything, you guys. Never.
- I’ve had this random craving to chew on ice lately. Pregnancy is so weird!
- Also, as in the early stages of this whole affair, I am back to craving meat.
- I realized yesterday that I have zero actual plans for the month of July. No vacations or friend meet-ups. I’m just waiting for this baby to arrive. However, this makes me feel like I have overlooked something I’m supposed to be doing.
- I just got totally sidetracked applying for jobs so I guess I’d better finish up this post. Sorry I am boring today; my life is in limbo!
Arggh! Itchy eyes! Allergies, be gone!
- I am, sadly, listening in on this Zimmerman trial. So far, the attorneys are full of shit and I kind of don’t care. But I know I’ll keep watching/listening. It’s a nice distraction
- So I have roughly 6 weeks until my due date and… no one has given us a baby shower. Now I know it’s my third child and all but it’s a girl so everyone was SO excited about new things. It’s a tricky thing, these showers… A friend of mine said she’d put one together but then two of our other friends moved and we’re all so busy… Then my boss said she’d do one here on campus but I can’t, like, remind her about that, you know? All I need is a couple car seats!
- I have a cousin who always beats me at Words with Friends. I’d like to say I am pretty good but man, she creams me every time.
- Since we’ve finally jumped on the Game of Thrones bandwagon, it’s pretty much all I want to do in the evenings. I am pretty much too exhausted to do anything else. I have grand aspirations of working more in my house once I get home from work but it never happens. I honestly need about an hour in the AM at home to clean and THEN go to work.
- I’m to the every two week appointment stage of this pregnancy. I got a confirmation email about my next appointment and I’m like, wasn’t I just there, giving you my forty bucks?
- I probably won’t comment on the blogs of people who left me comments yesterday so this is my thank you. I am just so busy at work.
- Elliot had a couple loose-ish teeth last time we went to the dentist but he really helped one along last night eating one of those candy bracelets. He suddenly started crying and there was some blood and I guess the hard candy really jarred it. He was excited at first but when eating breakfast this morning and it hurt, he complained that kids shouldn’t have to lose their teeth. LOL.
- I realized the other night that I haven’t felt really excited about anything in a while. The kind of feeling I used to have before a big event or when a new book came out. It’s probably just a result of being older and having so many other things going on in life. I look forward to things, sure, but there’s this one emotion of anticipation that is simply missing. Do adults still get those feelings? Every now and then I catch a fleeting glimmer; sometimes I’ll imagine photos we took from last year or a time when things were really good. I can remember them exactly and how it made me feel… just for a brief second.
- Maybe it is only memories that can really inspire me anymore. And I guess that’s okay.
- As a closer, and on a more happy note, I am crafting a post about products I have tried lately and loved. Unlike me in most ways but been brewing for a while. Peace out!