It’s the Olympics in London! let’s talk about it.
(1) What was your favorite part of the Opening Ceremonies?
Honestly, I was out that night so when i got back, it was the weird dove/bicycle scene and I was like, WTH is this? Which seems to be everyone’s basic response.
(2) Which country are you rooting for? ( I realize we aren’t all Americans)
U.S.A., predictably. It’s one of the very few times that I truly feel moved by my own patriotism.
(3) Which is your favorite event to watch and why?
I’m a huge gymnastics and swimming fan. Mostly because I did these sports at a kid. I got so far in gymnastics it was either train for official competitions like the Olympics or quit. (I quit, obvs.) I was on the swim team in middle school and was fairly good. i dominated back stroke.
(4) Have you found a new sport that is surprisingly delightful?
Not a new sport but I have been enjoying watching the archery competition and beach volleyball is also pretty amusing. (I like how they pull it right over their mouths,)
(5) Have you always been a fan of the Olympics? what is your earliest Olympic Memory?
I would say yes. I don’t know how young I was… I am sure I watched as young as I could because my mother always watched the gymnastics, as she too was a gymnast. I remember watching the Kerri Strug ankle landing and all the dream team girls throughout the years. They’ve always been a big part of our lives.