Hello Tuesday my old friend… We meet again… No more rhymes, I suck at that shit.
- So have I mentioned the construction outside my office? Well, today they’re removing this steel wall that previously had glass in it. So the demo of that is LOUD; whatever tools cut that stuff plus a hammer to knock it out of place plus dust and debris everywhere. The workmen are wearing little masks but I am here, uncovered. I am sure this is not OHSA compliant.
- I played really loud music to drown it out but it got so bad with both going, I pretty much just gave myself a headache.
- Over the weekend, this kid on a bike came to the door. He said his name was Miik (“Meek”, from Estonia) and he was here in America selling childrens’ educational books to make money for his family back home. Seemed like a nice guy and I think he was legit but of course, I don’t have the money. But it made me wonder: people don’t really go door to door anymore. And I am less inclined to answer my door anyway; just because you knock doesn’t mean I have to answer right? Well, someone knocked last night at 8 PM and Ell went to unlock it thinking it was Ash. I stopped him and explained why we don’t do that. I peered out a crack in the blinds and it was some teenager with a backpack. Don’t know what he wanted but the fact is, it was time to have the “stranger danger” chat with Ell. He handled it well but I definitely think he understood.
- I saw Miik riding his bike downtown at 7:43 AM today; no idea what he was doing up so early but I hope he’s not knocking on doors at this time!
- Is anyone using Spotify? I really like it but it still doesn’t solve the problem I have had in trying to buy music: some bands are not available. AC/DC and Def Leppard specifically. not on iTunes and not on Amazon. And not on Spotify. Also, The Eagles are conspicuously missing.
- I worked with a bunch of football players this last time I taught and the woman I talk to in Athletics, as a thank you, put me on this coaches’ list for the Fall. Something about a meet and greet with players and coaches for me and the kids and then on a game day, I’ll get to sit in a special box. Um, yes! Finally, one aspect of working here is paying off. (Well, I shouldn’t say that; this job is rewarding in a lot of ways.)
- Now’s the time of the morning where I get to browse photos of men to give to you, for the majority of my readers are women and don’t pretend you don’t appreciate it. ;) Today I present one pretty boy and one rugged one. The latter being the type to build a fire with his bare hands and skewer an animal to feed you were you to be stranded in the woods. aaaaand you’re welcome.