Recovering from a really awful weekend; trying to move on
- Per yesterday’s post, it’s never easy to let someone go, even if it is a dog. Iggy was a great dog for the almost 7 years we had him. I’m learning to move on, to focus on other aspects of my life, and to mend the broken heart. He’s in peace now; all dogs go to heaven.
- I know it’ll be hard because of all the things that will dredge it back up, so I am focusing on little things now: fourth of July, work (C session just started up so people to talk to are back!), and taking care of my other two dogs. I always just figured they’d grow old and just sort of fade out. In some ways, it was a nice reminder not to take anything for granted.
- However, now Zoey’s at the vet because she can’t seem to put pressure on one of her back legs. I know she spent most of the night licking it; I don’t know how much more I can take, honestly. This is doing me in, you guys.
- Maybe the most annoying part about this issue is that my mom thinks we should have just waited to see if it’d get better. Was I being too rash in thinking she’d better go in??
- On a completely random note, I have burned myself twice in the past four days. Once on the lawn mower and once on the toaster. Good burns too, the kind that bubble up then turn this weird garnet color. I think I’m being punished for something.
- This random Tuesday post has been really saddening and whiny so I’ll leave you with something tasty and be on my way. I can’t even begin to describe how much work I need to get through today.