Would you lookit that: Tuesday AGAIN. Seriously? Oh alright…
- I could not get to sleep Sunday night. I kept hearing the wind and thinking about all those tall swaying trees that surround our house. As insane as it sounds, I imagined them falling on our house. Then my brain just wouldn’t shut off. I got this little sound stuck in my head and couldn’t, for the life of me, figure out what it was. Shortly before I finally found sleep, I realized it was the sound of an incoming Skype call.
- I watched Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy for the first time in forever last night and I had forgotten how “feel good” those commercials during that timeslot are. I was moved by the cheesy Aqua Velva spot that shows “many things that pass from father to son over time…including this cologne.” LOL. Good times.
- As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, we hit up the monster truck rally this past weekend. Many people have reacted to this with, “I can’t picture you there…”. I’m not exactly sure what that’s supposed to mean but it does indicate that stereotypes are indeed alive and kicking.
- Apropos of nothing, I hate when I crave something all day but when I finally get it, I don’t want it anymore. So anticlimactic.
- I went to grade an assignment online yesterday and (the prompt was 2-3 paragraphs) the first student had accidentally uploaded their pre-essay worksheet. Which, ok, fine. Reasonable mistake. But the screen cap she included under the spatial/visual learning section was… hilarious. It was from her Facebook – clearly – but it also featured a post of someone’s massive black penis. First I laughed, and then I had to leave feedback – written AND voice – explaining just how inappropriate that is in a college class. AWKWARD!
- Ahem -moving on.
- My mom listened to Country back in the day because she hated Disco. So I have many memories of songs she liked. Right now, I am making her a list of good new Country. Funny how things are so cyclical.