- Seriously, Florida weather. Get your shit together.
- Also, I hate leaf season. My yard is COVERED in leaves and pine needles. Soon as I do something about it, we have another storm and the wind blows all that stuff right back to where it was. I want to move out of town to this neighbourhood where we used to garage sale; there are very minimal trees there!
- Oh, did I mention that Elliot is sick? Yup. Started yesterday. It’s not like I didn’t see it coming; Isaac got sick over Thanksgiving. Yeah, he woke up Wednesday night with a raging fever and of course, not one single store was open that night. Truth be told, had we been in Tallahassee instead of Palm Beach Gardens, we’d have found at least one 24 hour/holiday CVS and/or a Walmart. Plus one for Tally.
- When we got home from our whirlwind vacation, on Saturday I got out our Christmas decorations at Elliot’s request. This is by far the earliest I have ever put stuff up.
- We have all original ornaments on our tree. Not one single shiny ball nor other basic tree decoration. I kind of like this. I had all mine from my childhood and I get them every year from my mom or aunt and then we went through a box of Ash’s family’s stuff and found more.
- Oh yeah, and I was totally reluctant to try that Ellf on a Shelf thing because, well, it’s pretty creepy. I mean, this little elf watches you and supposedly goes away at night and comes back (the parents move him around to different spots in the house) and he tells Santa all the good and bad you do. I didn’t think Ell would like him – at first he was totally creeped out – and then he suddenly got it. He named the little dude Raphael (after the Ninja Turtle, of course) and on multiple occasions has he stopped himself from doing something bad, for fear the elf would see. So I am now a firm believer in the power of
religionI mean, the Elf on the Shelf. (Same thing.)
- Is anyone else completely suspicious of all coaches now? I wish all this accusation stuff amongst ball-players would just go away. But on that note, I am so glad the NBA will finally start in a few weeks. Thank God for another sport to watch as we near the end of football season, which eventually wears on me.
Ok folks, that’s all I’ve got. As a reminder, I am doing a Christmas Card exchange and f you’d like to participate, go to the post and follow the instructions. Thanks!