It’s that time again… bring out your random.
- Isaac has shots this morning and it isn’t so much about watching him get them as it is just going to the doctor. The waiting… wondering how long until he’s so bored he’s crying.
- Elliot has been really into Scooby Doo lately and the cartoon channels play it ad nauseum on weekends. The only plus to this is that the guy who plays Fred in the live action is pretty cute.
- I ran on a trail for the first time ever on Saturday and found it delightfully exhilarating. And I didn’t break my ankle, which was a major concern.
- Post soon to come about how I’m selling a whole bunch of stuff and the implications of clearing out so many possessions.
- We’re finally taking the vacation that was in the works for so long. Well, kind of. Originally we wanted to go to Hawaii but then we held it to the continental U.S. and then abandoned the idea altogether when we realized air fares are just straight up rip-offs. So now we’re dropping the kids off in Orlando with my parents and hitting up a beach-side hotel in Daytona. Three nights, pool, balcony facing the sea, and probably a lot of sunning and beer drinking. I. Cannot. Wait.
- Someone told me yesterday that I couldn’t be much older than 22. I appreciated the sentiment but told them to add a decade. They were shocked and somewhat argumentative, which I find highly amusing. Like it’s an arguable fact.
- We ventured out to dinner last night – something we rarely do anymore – and the kids were… hmm, how shall I phrase it? They were like the most feral dogs… gone wild. Ell kept talking as if we were 30 feet away and then managed to get on the floor for some odd reason. He didn’t want to eat anything but bread. Isaac was starving so I kept the snacks coming and then when food arrived, he was full and kept slamming his hand down on his plate, causing food to fly everywhere. Then he shrieked. A lot. And loudly. And oy, it was early enough in the evening that Outback wasn’t packed so my children were quite audible over the normal restaurant din. Needless to say, we were reminded why we don’t eat out that often.
- After dinner we took them to the playground and let them blow off the stink. Best thing ever. Both kids went right to bed and even slept in a little.
- Bad Juju!