Last week’s Random Tuesday didn’t yield as many comments as normal. Not that I do this for comments; I do it because I love being random! But who doesn’t love comments?? Head over to Stacy’s site and get it on.
- I got my teaching evaluations back from last semester and was appalled at what two of my student wrote. One said I was an unfair grader. I recognize his writing and know he got a B+. The other kid said I was demeaning towards their generation, which I find highly amusing. Also, that kid got an incomplete in the class so I kind of feel like his opinion matters slightly less. Oh well!
- I was SO good today, food-wise. I had yogurt and a boiled egg for breakfast, a granola bar, and a ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread. And now I want some damn fried chicken. Dammit. But that’s not what’s for dinner.
- Everyone I know saw Bridesmaids this weekend. I wasn’t really that interested in it. The only female-centric movie I like (and this probably belongs on Friday Confessional) is Coyote Ugly and I kind of think that movie could be misconstrued as misogynistic in some ways. Either way, I might see it if it’s on TV one day. I’m not going out of my way or anything.
- Those Bush’s Grillin’ Beans are good, btw. Get ‘em for your summer picnics.
- I thought we were going to Wet ‘N’ Wild in June but it turns out the people organizing it are going to Blizzard Beach. Kind of cool; I have never been there.
- It would appear that Isaac may be lactose intolerant. So I got some of that lactose free milk. And then he spit that up. I don’t know if it’s just a phase or his belly is going through something or if he’s just never gonna be able to drink milk. That idea makes me sad, for some reason.
- A woman at the grocery store asked if Elliot and Isaac were twins. And I scratched my head and said, “Really?”
- Elliot kept asking for the “gray rabbit” show the other day and it took me about 24 hours until I realized he meant Bugs Bunny. WOW!
- Cans of mixed nuts could cut out those weird giant Brazil nuts and no one would argue. I guarantee it.
- I’ve been thinking about Popsicles lately. What’s your favorite summer treat?
Whew. And I’m done. Man Candy this week is Travis Hanson. I couldn’t find how old he is but I really don’t care. He has that look about him that says he could be sweet. But he could also divest you of your clothes in about three seconds flat. Happy Tuesday indeed.