Compiled list of life crap. You know you like it.
- Prior to this season, I had been immune to all allergy meds except Zyrtec. My allergies are so severe right now that even that isn’t working. I can’t stop sneezing, my nose is always stuffed up or running no matter how many tissues I burn through and my skin is raw from all the blowing. (tee hee. Yes, I am 13.) I effing HATE pollen season.
- Running has been on and off since I recovered from my injury. I was slated for surgery so I stopped the day before and then had to reneg on that. I haven’t been as diligent about it as I should be (every other day, every two days) and it’s kind of pissing me off. After Friday, I won’t be able to do it for two weeks because I’m not allowed to sweat on my incision.
- My mother will be here tomorrow afternoon. She was originally coming up because she’s on Spring Break and my birthday is Sunday. It works out that she can lend a hand while I am semi-incapacitated. I’m looking forward to her entertaining the boys and some home-cooked meals.
- I picked up this freelance writing kinda thing. I haven’t made any money yet but it’s nice to at least have the prospect.
- Isaac’s sleeping has been all kinds of jacked up lately. He didn’t seem to have any problems adjusting to DST; he went to bed a little after 7 that week. Then he suddenly did this thing where he went down fine but then woke twenty minutes later screaming. I sat in the chair and rocked him, figuring it wouldn’t work because Elliot never let anyone rock him. He would not sit still. Isaac has been letting me rock him and we have sat every night for three days now just rocking in the silence of evening. I am finding great enjoyment in this small act.
- Easter candy is seriously tempting me.
- Isaac’s first birthday is approaching and I’ve decided to go with a friend’s idea of joint party with her daughter, who is 8 days older. I’m letting them make most of the calls since it’s their first first birthday. I am excited for Isaac to be one but I’m not clamoring to design some super fantastic party for him.
Ok, that’s what’s going on around here. There’s other minor stuff like rainbow sherbet on my deck at dusk and a new short story I am working on but again, just minor. What are you up to?