I once blogged about some things that made me really happy based on a book I read. In essence, it’s just like 1000 Awesome Things; focusing on tiny things in life – quirks, moments, happenings – that can bring you great joy. I thought since it’s kind of a dreary morning, gas prices are rising, and I have already spent tomorrow’s paycheck , it’d be nice to raise the cheer around here.
(You can participate in Thursday 13 here)
- That first time Isaac said ” bye bye” to me when I left him at daycare
- Shopping at small produce markets
- Making sun tea on a sprightly bright summer day
- Stepping into my darkened house after a long day at work
- Finding a new road that leads out of town, preferably one with lots of trees
- When my morning coffee is really really good
- Finishing a really awesome book and having another one to delve into
- When a friend unexpectedly takes me to lunch
- Chatting with friends online and you both send the same message at the same time
- When winter gives way to spring and everything feels renewed
- Getting Final Jeopardy! right
- Running a really hot bath and slipping in; that initial burn
- Getting an unexpected Thank You note
Those are just some things I cherish. How about you?