Ahh Tuesday. I hate Tuesdays, actually. Anything that could go wrong usually does. But Keely’s meme over at Unmom makes it so so much better.
- Well, I finished my half marathon in 2:36. I was aiming for 2:30, seeing as how I ran 12 miles in 2:25 and that was with two bathroom stops and crossing intersections. I could have done better.
- I am disappointed mainly because I stopped to tie my shoe and a.) when I veered off the course to tie, I strained my foot and b.) I think if I had never stopped, I would have kept my momentum the entire time.
- The final mile was HELL. Absolute, pure, unadulterated HELL.
- That said, I am SO taking a week off running. My foot is messed up for realz.
- And then? Getting right back on the horse. When’s the next race??
- My mom and I ate at least 20 wings a piece yesterday and OMG. Wings are effing good. I never eat wings. I also drank beer. And ate Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.
- I totally took the day after off work. My mom and I met my husband and his work friend for hibachi lunch and then Ash and I watched Zombieland. I love that Woody Harrelson’s character is named Tallahassee.
- That kid who plays Columbus reminded me that I kinda want to see The Social Network.
- Andrew Garfield – the new Spider Man – is also in that movie. I don’t see what the hype is about him. He has a weird forehead and big hair.
- My carpal tunnel surgery has been scheduled for mid-March. I think I might just go crazy when I’m not able to, you know, DO anything for at least two days.
That’s all I have for now. This week’s Man Candy I present with my friend Amanda in mind. She asked for manlier men. And I asked myself, what makes a guy more manly? Is it facial hair or the cut of his jaw? Maybe the occupations of cowboy, cop, or firefighter? It’s hard to classify but I assure you, David Gandy – one of the most well-known names in modeling – is as close to an alpha male as I can find. Hopefully he’ll suffice. :)