I know I owe you one big gigantic humongous recap entry since I have been very scant around here lately but you must understand that Elliot is 16 MONTHS now and an entirely different being altogether. And I have been ill. So instead, I give you the New Year’s Quiz, taken from All and Sundry
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I went to Chicago. That city is amazing! Oh, and I won in Fantasy Football. I am the champ!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t necessarily make any. I wanted to be the best mom I could; I think I succeeded.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but this year they will.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just this one. When you have a kid, you don’t get very far.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I would definitely like to gain more close mom-type friends.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 29th was pretty big: Elliot turned one.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess my biggest achievement was reaching the one year breastfeeding mark.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I wish I could have lost more of the baby weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious but I was sick a lot in November/December
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I haven’t bought anything for myself in a long long time.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Elliot! He is an amazing kid.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
As usual, the government kind of sucks.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mostly to the basic bills, daycare, and our Chicago trip.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was very excited about Chicago.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
You know, that’s tough to say since I don’t really like the new stuff these days, as old as that may make me sound.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had exercised more and spent more time on myself
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I had worried less about unimportant things.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my parents and extended family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
All over again, with my family.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I got really into Heroes for a while then when Season 3 started, I bailed.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I really try not to hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
Walk in the Woods, by Bill Bryson
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I rediscovered my love for Def Leppard
26. What did you want and get?
I wanted a Coach Purse and somehow, I got one.
27. What did you want and not get?
I really want a digital SLR but I think that’s being saved for my birthday.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm, I really liked Valkyrie.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 and Ash got me a half day at the Spa and then he and I went to Bonefish.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If 30 Day Shred had actually worked instead of losing me only 2 pounds and put on some muscle.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I’m the poster child for Old Navy.
32. What kept you sane?
Coke Zero, baths, and the fact that my boy goes to bed at 7 PM consistently.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I had a brief fascination with HRG from Heroes but other than that, I can think of no one.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I rallied for the gay marriage rights because I have a lot of friends in those situations. I am sorry to say we still need to keep fighting.
35. Who did you miss?
Sometimes I miss the old me, the pre-parent me, but not that much.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm, I can’t think of anyone.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I learned to be as patient as possible and let things roll off your back or else you’ll lose it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“It was good living with you oh ho” – Better than Ezra. I couldn’t think of anything else but my entire year was all about appreciating my family, at home.