Meme the First:
1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.
From Bruce Ballenger’s Curious Researcher:
“These and other widely known facts need not be cited. Neither do observations that anyone could make or common sayings, such as ‘home is where the heart is’.
I tag: Moody Meow, DrPepperFiend, Mike, Malia, and Neemie
1. One book that changed your life?
It may be cliche but Catcher in the Rye changed my life. I first read it during the week before my freshman year of college, when I had come to the dorm and my roommate hadn’t shown up yet. My TV broke so I read it about 3 times and I really bonded with Holden.
2. One book you have read more than once?
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. It’s a young adult masterpiece.
3. One book you would want on a desert island?
I’d have to say… Nine Horses by Billy Collins. I could read his poems time and time again.
4. One book that made you laugh?
Sleeping at The Starlite Motel by Bailey White. She has a Southern wit that I connect with.
5. One book that made you cry?
I could cry at the drop of a hat but most recently:
It’s a Boy: Women Writers on Raising Sons by Andrea J. Buchanan
I was sitting in my office reading this and tears were flooding, just thinking about Elliot growing up, becoming his own person… I don’t know. It made me very emotional.
6. One book you wish had been written?
Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. The sequel to the first, it was everything I have every wanted to write.
7. One book you wish had never had been written?
Don’t know; there’s a lot of crap out there
8. One book you are currently reading?
I’m about to read The Other Boleyn Girl; I’ve started it. I’m also reading On the Occasion of my Last Afternoon
9. One book you have been meaning to read?
I’ve been wanting to read Angels and Demons or some Whitman poetry